“A Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Douglas, Georgia, United States
“A Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed there 10/11/2013 to 10/13/2013. The stay was WONDERFUL. From check-in to
check-out, we could have not been treated any better. All staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice and clean. We are already planning another trip to the North Georgia mountains and will be staying at the HI Express-Dahlonega. This is the best place to stay in Dahlonega. Thanks to the staff for a super time!

Room Tip: Book early. A lot of wedding families stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Newborn, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Diane, the Manager is a fixer. I didn’t realize I had messed up my reservation way back in May. When I went to check in Friday I had two guys in a room with one bed and the hotel was completely booked. Diana Moore calmly went the extra mile, even calling other people coming in for the weekend and found one that a single king would fit and would swap rooms. It is obvious she has done this before; she cares for her customers and knows many repeat patrons by their first name. Diane is a great person to mange the HIE and really cares for her customers and she is fixer that will get a problem solved. Thanks Diane

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GolfHacker70
Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have stayed here for 2 years in a row for a 5 day period. They offer nice clean rooms and the manager Diane has been very accommodating with my requests. I would recommend any of my friends or family members to stay here. Love this place!

2 Thank Robin C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The room was clean, and there ends the positive attributes of Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega. The lady on the front desk was crabby and unfriendly from the moment we entered the lobby with a reservation. That demeanor and lack of warmth continued through our stay. We were in town to visit the college, and this dismal property was not a comfortable walking distance with children. The best thing about its location was its proximity to the 24-hour gas station minimart next door. The room had an iron, but no ironing board, and when the hot iron brushed against the cheap third world blanket while ironing on the bed, the blanket instantly melted with such rapidity that it was clearly a fire hazard (...and almost damaged the clothing I was ironing). We informed the front desk, and the lady grunted some acknowledgement. Several days after our return, the Holiday Inn Express charged us $70 for the destruction of the plastic fire hazard it passed off as a blanket. Phone calls to the hotel management about the unauthorized charge were never answered. I had ignored reviews about similar instances when I made my reservation (...but it was convenient). Be warned--don't make the same mistake!

Room Tip: Find a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank jetlag78dc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear jetlag78dc,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As for the charge in your card, all hotels charge for damage items in the hotel and/or incidentals. Please understand that it is the hotels policy to charge guest that had damage a property of the hotel. Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Dahlonega hotels

Thomasville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The property was clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and seem to genuinely care about their customers. My room was clean and well stocked. I would definitely recommend this location to other travelers. I stayed here for 5 nights and I was very pleased.

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Have stayed at numerous hotels recently and this hotel is very outdated and overpriced for a HI.
Needs serious updating. I found staff unfriendly and somewhat rude. Furniture is VERY old.
Would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Phyllis769
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Phyllis769,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Anthony M
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

So, what a gem the owners of this property have in Diane Moore. Beyond hard working, understands the business-handles large volumes of challenges alone and solves them all. However, I have some concerns with the property upkeep-I highly suggest the owners take a good look at their location which is amazing and their flag which has pretty high expectations and reevaluate. Investment is mandatory prior to degradation of the property. As a tourism professional I understand the challenges that occur in the overnight business. However other than wanting to see Diane again, I will make another selection in my future stays in Dahlonega.

1 Thank realflorida
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear realflorida,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Days Inn Dahlonega
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!