All reviewspancake machinebreakfast barroom was cleanfront desk clerkvery nice hotelcurb appealsausage gravyhousekeeping staffthe hotel manageroutdoor poolgreat view of the mountainsfree breakfasthot breakfastnice staydefinitely stay here againbiscuitsnorth georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel is clean and safe. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and service good.It is an older building, but kept up well. Location is good. Breakfast is that of a typical holiday Inn. Parking was adequate.

Room Tip: monty rooms appear good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in June to visit family of course if you know about the Dahlonega you know it's a great little town .
We have stayed at a lot of holiday inn express and I will have to say this was one of the most beautifully situated, and everything was brand new. Breakfast was good and employees are friendly and attentive.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

First off for the price (ours was reduced for a wedding) you don't get what you pay for here. The A/C barely put out cool air and cut on and off every hour waking us up. I asked for a room change, booked. Please send maintenance...never arrived. The breakfast is worse than the food I ate deployed with the Marine Corps. Not good for you and not tasty at all.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hi Marta S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience as I appreciate you staying with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience, however, it appears we fell short of your goal on your visit. I would like to apologize for failing to meet your standards regarding our hotel room rates, AC function and breakfast items served. I took the liberty to forward your feedback and this will be reviewed by the maintenance team and upper management for evaluation. While I understand that your stay was not perfect, we hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns.

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is just a few minutes from downtown Dahlonega, and just about a 15 minute drive to the wineries. My husband and I have stayed here a couple of times, so we can enjoy the Twin all weekend. The hotel is clean, and has a very friendly staff. Breakfast is included with the typical hotel fare, with both hot and cold offerings. If you're not splurging for a cabin, and you prefer a hotel over the slightly cheaper outside door motel next door, this is a solid pick.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hi 2yet,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. It is good to know that our location was convenient for you. Thank you as well for noting our clean rooms and friendly staff. However, I am sorry to learn that your stay was only average. Your feedback will be shared with the management team as we aim to be better with each and every stay. Let us know how we can earn those two extra stars.

Until your next visit, we remain at your service.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I drove up and curb appeal was very nice. I went in and the lobby/breakfast area was neat and clean. The front desk people were very nice. The room was very nice and clean. WiFi worked good. TV was fine. The bathroom was great. The first hotel I have been to in years where I had temrature control of the shower and sink. It turned hot or cold to my touch. The lighting was wonderful in the bathroom for shaving.A very nice stay. I will go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo