“Inconsiderate and Rude Clerks”

Hilton Garden Inn Dalton
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Special request needs were not met. Hotel check in person, rude, told me I made reservations through Expedia, I did not , and because of that they could not help me. Went to Holiday Inn, Dalton,Ga. website, use phone number 1-866-460-7456, book by phone toll free, only number on website. Totally ruined my one night stay, because I needed inside connecting rooms with my elderly handicap mother. My reservations clearly states the special needs and reservation clerk spoke with Sara. Both people I spoke with at check in counter were rude and condescending, saying there was nothing they could do about it and they had no adjoining rooms. We where there with a baseball team, total of 15 families, guess what non of us will use your hotel again, your loss not mine. Expecting a huge discount on our one night stay because needs were not met, even though I explicitly explained what I needed and confirmed twice. The stress and inconvenience your inconsiderate employees caused was very traumatic to all of us.

Room Tip: The hotel its self is very nice. The people who check you in are not. Do not call the toll free num...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DebE5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear DebE5,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. I apologize for the challenges you experienced with our front desk staff. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our team members. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the staff involved in the processes for taking the appropriate actions. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Dalton

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This the second time we have stayed at this hotel and the second time we were so pleased. It is bright, beautiful and kept in a like new condition. The rooms are laid out nicely. They are clean with comfortable beds. All of the people that work there are very pleasant. It has a nice lobby with a good restaurant/lounge attached. It is conveniently located right at the interstate exit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernard H
daltonholidayinn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. As I've mentioned in response to previous reviews, our repeat guests are very valuable to us. It's also great to know that so many of our guests take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer. We understand how tiresome it can be to travel all day, then have to leave the Hotel to have dinner. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us on return visits to Dalton.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stopped here on our way to Florida using coupon from discount book from welcome centre. Was friendly, clean, comfortable beds, and set up in room efficiently laid out. Restaurant expensive but quality was good. Great location. We were pleased with the accommodation's so we made a point of staying here on our return trip. Discount was sufficient enough to make being walks in worth trying.

Room Tip: Stop at welcome centre for discount coupon when available. Non smoking Room overlooked parking not a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
daltonholidayinn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you so much for your review! As any business will tell you, repeat customers are extremely important. Thank you for choosing us as your stop on the way down to FL, as well as on the way back. I look forward to having you with us next year.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our family has stayed at this hotel multiple times on trips from the mid-west to Florida. It is very convenient to get to from the highway, is very clean and modern, and we are always very comfortable. We usually plan on staying there on the way down, so I book ahead of time and get the AAA rate. The hotel has a nice lounge and restaurant area, which is a great place to relax after a long day of driving. We've gone there for dinner, and had pizza ordered to take up to our room on another occasion. There is a Chili's restaurant next door, which is very easy to walk to, so that's another convenient dinner option. The rooms are spacious and clean, and they do have adjoining rooms for larger families who need more space. The pool area is also very spacious, and our teens have enjoyed it as a way to burn off some energy after sitting in the car all day. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's always a pleasure to serve you year after year. Having our Kem's Restaurant located on property allows us to give our guests great convenience, whether they are dining in the restaurant or ordering room service. We love having our guests take advantage of our large indoor heated pool & Whirlpool to unwind. I look forward to having your family with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped to see if they had any rooms. My young daughter came in and the man at the desk told her a room with two queen beds would be 119.00. She came outside to tell us and park the car. I went in and told him I needed a room with two queen beds and he told me it would be 139.00, my daughter walked as he said it. She confronted him and said you just said it 119.00, he tried to back peddle and say that the price he quoted was for a king, which was a lie.
So apparently they give better prices to young pretty women, and like to discriminate against older not so pretty women. Not impressed wth his lies, we went to a different hotel where they were honest.

Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank chuckwagon7400
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear chuckwagon7400,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I humbly extend an apology for the unacceptable service you received from the desk staff. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Warning to all travelers.
Recent stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel; Dalton 879 College Drive, Dalton, GA 30720, March 16, 2013
We arrived in around 11.00 pm on March 6, 2013 without any reservation, when I ask front desk if there is any room for 2 peoples available for one night I was told that there is only one room and is handicap room (that means is bigger and easy accessible), so I agreed to take it.
While we walked in to the room we discovered that room was connected to another room (there was door which is less acoustic than full wall) also shower was typically for handicap peoples and no adjustment can be make for standard using).
We decided to stay because we were told that is only one room available and we were after around 15 hrs driving and we need rest and quite night to be able get up early around 5.30 am and continue our trip.
To our surprise around 12.30 am our neighbours walk in too their room singing, playing loud music and loudly talking, we were patient for one hour hopping that will change, unfortunately did not.
At 1.30 I dress up and went to the front desk to talk to hotel service staff (same women I booked appointment).
I explained situation and asked her to do something with this loud disturbance and also for some discount due to disturbance.
We were moved to another room and looks like they had few to choose, but at the booking time I was told there is only one room, for second part about discount she had deaf ears.
There was to women’s, both of them was rude to me and ignored my request to reduce rate, I also asked for full refund and we were ready to leave that hotel, no reaction, they already had my credit card information, so they don’t care about it.
Next day morning there was gentleman at reception desk when we were checking out, he asked how was our stay, when I started to explained him, I was cut in the middle of my explanation (this is very rude) and I was told that he knows everything and everything was done according to their hotel policy, but there is no any further rate reduction, they don’t care we can’t sleep almost to 2.30 am.
He was trying to explain that noise was kids (we were sober, but our neighbours, yes they were drank – two mans in the age around their 30, so these two adult mans – according to him were kids).
First of all, they don’t tell you abound their policy up front, that if there is any problem and you pay already, nobody cares you have quite time or not – they have your money, so who cares, secondly no one give you their name, I asked this man who was in the morning for name - he handed out his general manager business card, so he is name less person and these two lady’s as well, but for the record that was night form March 16, 2013 to March 17, 20013.
SERVICE WE RECEIVED THAT NIGHT AT THIS LOCATION WAS SUCKS, FRONT DESK PEOPLES RUDE, IT WAS TOO EARLY AND WE HAD TO GO, WE HAD NO TIME TO WAIT FOR ANYONE IN CHARGE, BUT I THINK THAT IS THEIR WAY TO DO THE BUSINESS AND TREAT MEMBERS.
I WILL RECOMMEND DO NOT PAY WITHOUT ASKING ALL KIND OF QUESTIONS, ESPECIALLY ALL DETAILS ABOUT THEIR POLICY.
I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE TO STAY THER, WAISTING MONEY.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ziggy K
daltonholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

I would really like to apologize for any noise issues you had during your stay with us on March 16th. We Value both our guests comfort and quality of stay during their time in our Hotel. Unfortunately, a Hotel is unable to predict the noise level a nearby guest will cause. I appreciate your detailed review, as any comments, both positive and negative, help to improve our Hotel in the future. It would only be fair to notate a couple of omissions that were not found in your review. It does not state that the Front Desk called the room and asked that the noise subside as soon as the staff was made aware of the situation. Nor does the review state where (due to a couple of cancellations) your room move was an Upgrade to a King Suite. It is not the Hotel's intention to offer any excuses, as our guests satisfaction is, and always will be, of the utmost importance.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was able to rent a room for my daughter and her friends for her Sweet 16 and they let us bring food and her cake. They hung out at the pool and hot tub. They really had a great time and it was a clean facility. The companies I work for uses this hotel a lot also.

Room Tip: Nice pool, hot tub, clean and up to date facility on appearance and decoration. Prices are decent an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family