“Holiday Inn - Dalton” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Willis, Texas
“Holiday Inn - Dalton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We recently booked this hotel for a Christmas time visit to Georgia, we were going to be visitin in-laws and extended family and this hotel was a nice, central location.
We have now stayed in this one and the Express right next door.
Both hotels have nice lobbies, but this one had a restaurant in house. Too bad we did not get to use it.
The rooms are normal hotel rooms and spacious enough. We were on a higher floor and had a nice view of the mountain in the morning.
I found the bathroom to be a bit crowded as compared to the sister property, but we made due.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nomadladymedic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mayfield, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Atlanta check in was easy and front desk was very pleasant our first room we were given was full of lady bugs we stopped counting at 35 they did agree to move us to another room on a lower floor because the front desk told us the higher you are the worse the bugs are so we were moved to a second floor room when we entered the room there was equipment from house keeping left in the room and once again we found more lady bugs our experience was not pleasant at all we paid why to much for this room to be sharing with lady bugs

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank BoBo1573
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear BoBo1573,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the lady bugs. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Dalton you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were driving through Dalton on our way to Florida, just needing a room for the night. We stopped in around 10:30 pm. I asked about a room and explained we had a service dog with us for our 8 year old daughter. I was told I would be charged a pet fee. I explained this is not a pet, it's a licensed service dog. His reply was, but we still have to clean up after your dog. We did not feel we would be welcomed there, so we moved on.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Blessedwithmany
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Blessedwithmany,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here recently when working in Dalton. I had some concerns going in because of its proximity to the highway, but it turns out everything was quiet.

The location is great- easy on off i75 and surprisingly quiet. There is a nice road to run along outside the hotel, and Dalton State College is 1/2 mile away and has some great off-road trails to run. There is a Chile's within walking distance and a restaurant inside the hotel. Anything else will require a drive.

The few staff I interacted with during my stay were quite friendly and helpful. I was given a really nice room and a priority club snack and bottle of water at check in.
I have no complaints- everything went very well!

Room Tip: I suggest asking for a room facing the front of the hotel (toward the mountain & away from the h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daltonholidayinn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Exercise is important to a lot of travelers, and can sometimes be a challenge to find a safe, convenient place to use. As you have mentioned, there is a constantly lit sidewalk that leads outside the hotel and loops back around, that many hotel guests and local residents use. We also have a state-of-the-art exercise facility on property that is available to our guests 24 hours a day. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope too see you again soon.
Hendersonville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Had to leave air off all night due to very loud shaking unit. We stopped on our wat to Fl., but only slept 30 mins. Management offered no apologies if discount. For a fairly new hotel & price, we deserved better.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank McHones
daltonholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
I sincerely apologize for any noise issues you may have encountered during your stay with us. I assure you that this is an isolated incident in our guest rooms. If you will be in our area in the future, I personally will inspect your room pre-arrival, so you may be assured there will not be any noise concerns from a heating/cooling system.

Kris Richner
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Room reeked of smoke and the front desk refused to change us to another room without a $50 upgrade. The hotel was clearly not full, and their website still had non-smoking rooms for sale, but they claimed all were full and would not move us. Very rude and unhelpful.

The general manager, Gautam Nanda, was extremely rude to us. When we told him the website still had non-smoking rooms available, he said, "Well, I suggest you book it, then." Unacceptable.

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Atmcd
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is my first time here and I was really pleasantly surprised! I don't think I have ever been to a nicer Holiday Inn. The lobby area is really upscale and more like a higher end hotel. The rooms were very clean and look very new. Good sized bathroom, very comfy beds and choice of firm or soft pillows (love that!), outlets right next to the bed which is something I hardly ever find and need all the time, other outlets were also scattered around the room too which was nice to see. It's a real plus to me to have a microwave and fridge in the room, especially for this price. I typically don't eat much breakfast so I can't comment on that. Oh, here's a big thing! The fan is very quiet so I could barely hear the air conditioning, unlike many hotels that blow so loud you can hardly fall asleep! I highly recommend this place and will be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business