“Best hotel in a long time!”

Hilton Garden Inn Dalton
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My sister and I planned a trip to tour Kentucky and from Florida this was a good stopping destination. However, I was having trouble finding any hotel to take a 10 lb, non barking, non shedding dog who has been my companion since my husband was killed by a drunk driver.
This Holiday Inn was wonderfully clean, very professional and friendly. We were made to feel very welcome. The grounds were also well manicured. The hotel restaurant was above the normal quality for hotels. Overall - a very pleasant and superb stay. We travel to Chicago often from Florida and this will become a definite stop.
We booked the 2 queen executive room and the size was better than expected and well worth the extra money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
daltonholidayinn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank You so much for your review, and for choosing us as your preferred stop when in Dalton,GA. It gives me great joy to read about your positive experiences at our Hotel. We do take pride in giving our guests a 'one-stop-shop', with our amenities such as the Restaurant/Lounge & Indoor heated Pool/Whirlpool. I hope to see you with us again very soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Accidentally found this hotel on our way to Florida for spring break. We did not make a reservation while traveling since we did not know how far we would get. I think we got one of the last rooms. The hotel appeared to be fairly new. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff we did encounter were friendly. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
daltonholidayinn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank You for taking the time to review your stay with us. We understand that travelling during Spring Break can be hectic, considering the large amount of traffic on the interstates. We pride ourselves in ending your drive for the day with a clean, comfortable room with hospitable customer service. It can really make a positive difference during your travels. We look forward to seeing you next year, or in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I checked into the hotel with my 5 year old twins. My wife and I wanted our family to be comfortable so we rented a suite. When we got ready for bed I pulled out the sofa sleeper to find a bunch of popcorn, trash under the cushions, the most disturbing thing was I found a pill laying there. What if my kid found it, even worse taken it? So I immediatley called the front desk, ask to speak with a manger, no one on duty. at 9pm, so I explained to the Front Desk acted like no big deal. As a consumer, I believe guest expect quality, and cleanliness. When I departed, I try to speak to the Front Desk manager, their reply was we are ranked 17 in North America and offered a free breakfast. Very rude and could careless if families stay there. Wake up!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank jack benjamen d
daltonholidayinn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Jack Benjamen D

We apologize for the experience you had at the Holiday Inn & Suites and appreciate your feedback.
The hotel would just like to add that on your informing the front desk about the issue, there was instant recourse offered for you to change rooms, and a free breakfast was offered with that for your family which you declined, therefore your contention that the front desk would care less seems a bit strange.The room was checked for any pills or popcorn in the morning but not a trace was recovered. We wonder if your affiliation with a competitor hotel chain has prompted this feedback.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was the second stop in a trip to Florida. We stopped here because I-75 was closed north of Atlanta, Ga. and we needed a nice place to relax and rest before working our way through Atlanta the next day. This is a full service Holiday Inn that is relatively new. The staff were spectacular and our handicap room was perfect. The restaurant OK and provided us with good food and a nice glass of wine. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We recently booked this hotel for a Christmas time visit to Georgia, we were going to be visitin in-laws and extended family and this hotel was a nice, central location.
We have now stayed in this one and the Express right next door.
Both hotels have nice lobbies, but this one had a restaurant in house. Too bad we did not get to use it.
The rooms are normal hotel rooms and spacious enough. We were on a higher floor and had a nice view of the mountain in the morning.
I found the bathroom to be a bit crowded as compared to the sister property, but we made due.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nomadladymedic
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Atlanta check in was easy and front desk was very pleasant our first room we were given was full of lady bugs we stopped counting at 35 they did agree to move us to another room on a lower floor because the front desk told us the higher you are the worse the bugs are so we were moved to a second floor room when we entered the room there was equipment from house keeping left in the room and once again we found more lady bugs our experience was not pleasant at all we paid why to much for this room to be sharing with lady bugs

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BoBo1573
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear BoBo1573,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the lady bugs. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Dalton you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were driving through Dalton on our way to Florida, just needing a room for the night. We stopped in around 10:30 pm. I asked about a room and explained we had a service dog with us for our 8 year old daughter. I was told I would be charged a pet fee. I explained this is not a pet, it's a licensed service dog. His reply was, but we still have to clean up after your dog. We did not feel we would be welcomed there, so we moved on.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Blessedwithmany
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Blessedwithmany,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M