“Just horrible”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Calgary, Alberta
“Just horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

We were on a long road trip from Florida to Canada and basically just needed a place to stop for a few hours to rest before continuing. We pulled in to the Best Inns as it was the first place we came to in Dalton. As someone mentioned, it does have some award sign and is AAA/CAA recommended I believe.

Anyway, they charged us a room rate of $39.00 plus $10.00 for our cat. Why they would charge for a pet I have no idea - i wouldn' t even let my pet spend the night there.

Note, we didn't tell them we were only staying a few hours, they thought we were spending the night.

The place was empty but they gave us a 1 double bed room. The room is filthy, the bed is rock hard. The place is so dated and dirty - from the rust stains under the sink in the area outside the bathroom, to the dark and dingy toilet/bathtub area.

My cat was a bit scared and managed to get behind the bed (which is on a platform). My Husband had to move it out a bit to get her out. Dead bugs, pills - filthy under the bed.

If you care about getting a good rest while travelling, stay away from this place. Oh and if you get a room on the second floor, by the pool - watch the steps, the bottom one is broken.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trailmix1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

The price was very reasonable for the room offered. This is an economy hotel so if you are expecting the Four Seasons, you will be greatly disappointed.

There was a fridge and microwave in the room and a good size TV with a lot of channels offered including 3 HBO channels. I believe there was a hairdryer in the room and an iron/board as well. The furniture was ok.....a little dated and worn but not too bad. The a/c unit was an older unit but was quiet and kept the room at a reasonable temperature. The pool was clean however, I did not use it. I did not use the internet either so I have no opinion about it. Breakfast was offered but again, I did not try it.

The only negatives I have about the room was the top security lock on the door was broke, the comforters on the beds were worn and a little torn and the sheets were quite thin.

All and all if you are just looking for a place for a quick stop over, I would reccomend. The rooms are clean and in decent shape. Again, this is an economy hotel. If you are looking for luxury, this is not for you, if you are looking for cheap, clean, no frills, give them a try.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Newnan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2008

Don't pay any attention to the "Award Winner" signs on front of the motel. They are from 5-6 yrs ago.

Let me list the prolems...
Rooms dirty. Mildew on walls in sleeping area and bath.
Room smelled
Tub water wouldn't drain
Carpet dirty
Desk clerk was extremely rude. Wanted to argue when I had an issue with a rate.
Didn't feel safe in parking lot.
WIFI was in & out

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AllenH

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2007

My wife and I stayed here and found the room to be clean and very nice. We enjoyed the breakfast and the staff was excellent. We will always stay here when going through Dalton. And the Dalton Depot is Excellent and thanks to the staff for telling us about it.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank Tykelb
Ringgold, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2004

We arrived late to find our reservation in place and a very nice King room. Breakfast was great. Best value I have found for the $. Will always stay here.

2 Thank dbcrisco