“Very nice”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
“Very nice”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice. Room was quit, clean. The AC worked to good was very cold in room. Could have got up to turn it down but was too cold.lol breakfast was very good. Even had cookie , fruit and coffee anytime you wanted it. Pool was nice,but was hot sitting in there if you was not in the water.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments on Trip Advisor. We appriciate your business and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Dalton area.... Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Trion, Georgia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

How lucky am I? I work at a local restaurant in Dalton but live almost an hour away. We had some snow storms come in so I stayed overnight at this hotel. It has a huge, gorgeous indoor pool, a large fitness room, a private little business room equipped with a computer, and a very nice breakfast in the morning with fruit, grits, oatmeal, waffle irons to make fresh waffles, coffee, juices and A LOT MORE!!!

But what impresses me is not the amenities...it's the people that work there!! Michelle, the General Manager, has ALWAYS been a great "neighbor" to us. She was more than happy to work with me because I had no idea how long I would need to stay. I didn't want to book too many nights and waste money but she was willing to hold my room for as long as I needed since she wasn't overly busy. I wound up staying three nights total. Isaac was the front desk attendant and he was so respectful and hospitable with a fast amazing genuine smile!!! The vending machine had the nerve to steal my candy :-( so I asked Isaac if he had a key to it. He jumped up immediately to assist me and I followed him assuming he DID have the key. Much to my dismay, he pulled out his wallet, put a dollar in, and rescued my candy!!!!!! Of course I pitched a fit not wanting this young man to lose his money, but he assured me he would be compensated.

After a wonderful, peaceful, three day stay away from home, about seven hours after checking out I realized I had left my Kindle Fire in the bed!!! I was panicking!!!! I'm an avid reader so I called Isaac again and thankfully the wonderful staff there is not only hospitable, they're HONEST!!! The housekeeper, Tonia, found my $400 Kindle Fire and TURNED IT IN to management!!!! My Kindle was "unlocked" and she could have very easily pocketed it without a word to anyone!!!! I'm so fortunate to have had the pleasure of staying at the Country Inn and Suites. I recommend it to all guests who visit my restaurant in Dalton. THANK YOU SO MUCH Michelle, Isaac, Tonia and the entire staff!!! You run a wonderful establishment and I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dawn B
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying here with us during a very challenging 3 days of winter weather. It was a pleasure to have you here and are thrilled that you were able to enjoy some of the great amenities we have to offer, even though you were working most of the time. Thanks again for staying with us.....Michelle
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

After a refreshing vacation and a 1200 mile drive home , we have come to country inn and suites has always been clean comfy great breakfast and no hassle check in and out. This one was no exception. Friendly staff plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you again the next time you are in the Dalton area. Thanks.....Michelle
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was in Dalton for a work conference and my reservation was actually for another Dalton hotel. I had a few issues checking in and after getting pretty frustrated, I wearily dragged myself into the Country Inn & Suites and wow what a difference!! The young man at the desk was incredibly sympathetic and able to assist me with my needs. At this point, he might as well had been wearing a superhero cape. My stay was very enjoyable, my room was clean and comfortable, and the staff very friendly. I can not thank this wonderful team enough for turning my tough day into an amazing stay!!

Room Tip: Here is a great tip - they have a Jacuzzi suite which I stayed in on my second night and it was AWES...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your comments on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that we were able to make a difference. It was a pleasure having you and I will make sure to pass along your comment to Isaac who was the front desk associate that worked with you. He will also be happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your in Dalton.
Grand Rivers, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I were in Dalton with about 20 other riders and support crew from Wood n Wave bike shop in Grand Rivers, KY for round 2 of the Snake Creek Gap Time Trial. We found the facility and services to be as advertised. There were no surprises and we plan on returning on February 28th for round 3 of The Snake.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve M
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for the great comments. We really enjoyed having your bicycling team stay with us and are thrilled you all enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. We looking forward to seeing you all again. Thanks....Michelle
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Our bicycle team was in town for the Snake Creek Gap TT. I had the pleasure of working with Michelle O'quinn on reserving rooms. She went above and beyond to make us welcome. Not only did she provide the best communication, she stuck around to meet us at check-in! She allowed us to use the meeting room to store our bikes for the night and made sure we all had everything we needed. Breakfast the next morning was hot, fresh, and plentiful. All of our team(25) raved about the hotel and our treatment. We will be back in town next month and I'm calling Michelle today to reserve rooms again. Thanks Michelle!

Wood-N-Wave Cycling Team

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank bmrmtb
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave such a nice comment on Trip Advisor. We really enjoyed having your team and are thrilled we were able to accomodate everyone. I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay again the next time you visit Dalton. Please feel free to call me anytime. Thanks....Michelle
Wauconda, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

It's a toss up whether we would stay again. That said, we had no problems but based on the pictures I was expecting it to be a bit nicer. Staff was kind and friendly. Free breakfast had waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, toast/bagels, fruit, hot oatmeal, many juices, coffee and got chocolate. No hot tub only a pool which I think looks nicer online. Rooms are a good size and bed and pillows were pretty comfy. We were a little disappointed with the jacuzzi. It was a good size but old and the buttons were all broke. It did work. They do have nice sample toiletries. I guess I'm neither here nor there on staying there again. It's good for a short stay but not to spend a full day at. Overall, I was expecting more based on the pics and price but it was okay and we didn't not like it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank 3-dog-crazy
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey on Trip Advisor. We want to assure you that your concerns have been heard and we are working diligently to have this issue corrected. We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again when your travels bring you back through the Dalton area and want to thank you for staying with us.....Michelle