Howard Johnson Dalton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesnice surprisefelt safeneeded a place to staynight's sleeplate at nightcontinental breakfaststay there againparking lotstaff was very friendlyother hotelsbiscuits and gravyoff the highwaynice stayfloridastop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Dalton, GA is a regular stopover on our way from Southwest Floridavto the mountains of East Tennessee. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is not luxury accomadations but a bed to rest your bones after a long days drive. Buffet breakfast is very basic...We passed on it in favor of Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Request first floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank skibeech
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We were on our way to ATL and FL, and needed a stopover for one night. I had never even heard of the Jameson Inn chain before this year, when they started heavily advertising on the Atlanta Braves games. I thought I would give them a try. I was really encouraged when I walked into the lobby and saw the awards that this location had one from the corporate office. However, if this is an award winning hotel in the chain, never mind. I'll take my money elsewhere.

The first three things that struck us were all negative. For starters, it is an old-style "motor inn", where the doors to the rooms are on the outside. Had I known this, I would have crossed it off of my list to begin with. However, I was not going to let that sway my opinion. Second, the person checking us in showed all the enthusiasm of a 5-O'clock-er, at 4:59. Not rude, but definitely not welcoming, either. The third was the killer, though. Walking into the room, we were both taken aback at how shabby the place looked. Honestly, the carpet and chair looked like they had been in this room for 20 years, and a very hard 20 years at that. It might have been clean; there is no way to tell, when things are THAT stained.

The room itself was decent sized and did have some pros. The HVAC did a good job of cooling the room and provided just the right amount of noise to cover the outside and hotel noise. Best of all, the fan ran continuously, not just when it needed to, so sleeping was good. Second, the bed, while extremely firm, provided a good night's sleep. Also, the bathroom came with a 4-jet tub that was very deep and had a nice sloping back, so it was actually functional, if not a bit loud.

Breakfast was adequate for a property of this caliber, and the morning crew was significantly more gracious than the person I described earlier.

It is very rare that I give a thumbs down to a property, but in this case, I just can't recommend it unless it goes through a complete makeover.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TimmyB1957
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I checked Jameson Inn on Trip Advisor (customer reviews) and found it to be the best value for the $$ on a holiday weekend (4th of July) within a 40 mile radius. We arrived after 11:30p, worn out. The desk clerk was very sweet & welcoming, the room was ready, the a/c was on and cold, just the way we like it. All we had to do was shower and go to bed. The bed was wonderful, and there were 5 pillows! We slept like babies, and checked out about 11:30 a.m.-checkout time was noon. The room was spotless, odorless, everything worked as it should, and there were plenty of electrical outlets-even one near the bed for my husband's CPAP machine. The pool was very nice, even though we didn't use it-looked very well cared for. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast-we met family at a restaurant. This is a highly recommended property!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bigsyis1
Reviewed 22 June 2011

After spending 2 nights in my home without power and A/C the temperature hit 90 degrees inside. I went to The Jameson Inn and stayed for 2 more days and what a blessing for me and my pet.. Mother nature had not been kind to the downed trees and powerlines, but the staff and clean cool room was so nice. Thank You for being there for a local person with a problem. I will recomend you to everyone that comes to visit or stay in Dalton.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2011

After leaving another hotel in Dalton due to unclean conditions, we were welcomed to the Jameson Inn. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean and cozy. We will stay here again if we travel back to Dalton.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family