“Friendly staff, pleasant stay!”

Howard Johnson Dalton
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We were in Dalton for a concert and were very pleased with our stay here. The room was quiet, clean and reasonably priced. The location was perfect. The City of Dalton has a shuttle service so getting around downtown was a breeze. The staff (Daniel) was VERY friendly and helpful. It's nice to see that there are some places that still have service with a smile. We will stay here again the next time we visit Dalton.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele Y
JamesonInnDalton, Manager at Howard Johnson Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay! I am glad it was an enjoyable experience and look forward to the opportunity of seeing you guys again! You are truly a treasured addition to the Jameson family and if you guys are ever in need of assistance during your travels, feel free to contact myself at the hotel. I will be delighted to find a Jameson for you; where I can assure you will always be greeted with a smile! You may also call our reservations center directly.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

The Jameson Inn of Dalton is just off I-75 and west a block and up the hill on College Drive.

We have come to value the reviews on TripAdvisor to help find what we are looking for from hotels, restaurants and more. On our move from Florida to Minnesota, we stayed at The Jamesome Inn of Dalton in Georgia. From speaking to the night staff making our reservation to the GM making us fresh coffee in the morning, we had a great visit all around.

Upon checking in after midnight and being very tired, we were greeted with a smile and our specific requests for a first floor room, away from main traffic and ice machine was granted. The room was clean and had no odors, the shower was hot, the bed was very comfortable, the air and fan were in good working condition and the fan ran all night to drown out any possible noise, which there was none. It had great lighting for security, and the landscape and area was very nice. The price was very affordable for a Sunday night at $74 with all the taxes (AAA price).

They offer a complimentary breakfast if you like all carbs, however we find most hotels do not offer enough protein at breakfast. The coffee was fresh and the waffles were good. Check out was quick and convenient. I would recommend this hotel for a short and/or long tern stay as we also had a small refrigerator and microwave in our room and they allows pets (we had our cat) and they have an outdoor pool and small fitness center.

Room Tip: The 300 rooms on first floor are convenient, but not near front off foot traffic. There are no elev...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TruthBeTold2011

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time out of you busy schedule to share you experience of staying with us! I know moving, especially, such a big move that you guys are going through is a time consuming process! We strive for perfection and it pleases us to know that we are providing a service to wonderful people like you who need a nice place to rest! If you have any ideas or suggestions on what you would like improved about our breakfast, we would love to hear your ideas! Again, thank you so much and hope your move went smoothly!

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were on our way to Florida from Michigan and checked out a number of places to stay overnight before we found the Jameson Inn in Dalton, GA. Neither of us had heard of the chain before, but were impressed with the way the lobby looked and the friendliness of the staff. They even went so far as to run through the tv channels and make sure we could get the Tigers Game! The room was very clean and the breakfast was just enough. Thank you for a good experience. We'll be sure to tell everyone what a great place you have.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Jameson Inn is what I would call a nice budget hotel. I can usually get a room at any Jameson in Georgia (other than Greensboro, GA as they are higher for some reason) between $50 to $60 depending on the city and you can get basically one of two different rooms. Your basic no frills bed, tv, and bathroom, and then you can get what they call their premium rooms which has the fridge, microwave, and a little more room for $5 to $10 more. Most do not have elevators to the second floor, if it is a two story hotel, but if you reserve your room at least 8 or so hours in advance you can usually request a bottom floor room. Now, specifically for the Jameson Inn in Dalton. To me, it is one of the best Jameson Inn hotels I've stayed at (and I've stayed at 6 or so different ones). Sure the staff is about average and the breakfast is small, but the bed is comfortable and I can get a good nights rest which is more important to me. The hotel seems to be well taken care of and I've never had an issue staying here and I've stayed her at least 4 separate times since writing this review. If you are looking for a hotel around $60 or so (before taxes) then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom floor otherwise you'll have to climb stairs to the second, so reserve at least...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wofiii
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Dalton, GA is a regular stopover on our way from Southwest Floridavto the mountains of East Tennessee. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is not luxury accomadations but a bed to rest your bones after a long days drive. Buffet breakfast is very basic...We passed on it in favor of Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Request first floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank skibeech
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We were on our way to ATL and FL, and needed a stopover for one night. I had never even heard of the Jameson Inn chain before this year, when they started heavily advertising on the Atlanta Braves games. I thought I would give them a try. I was really encouraged when I walked into the lobby and saw the awards that this location had one from the corporate office. However, if this is an award winning hotel in the chain, never mind. I'll take my money elsewhere.

The first three things that struck us were all negative. For starters, it is an old-style "motor inn", where the doors to the rooms are on the outside. Had I known this, I would have crossed it off of my list to begin with. However, I was not going to let that sway my opinion. Second, the person checking us in showed all the enthusiasm of a 5-O'clock-er, at 4:59. Not rude, but definitely not welcoming, either. The third was the killer, though. Walking into the room, we were both taken aback at how shabby the place looked. Honestly, the carpet and chair looked like they had been in this room for 20 years, and a very hard 20 years at that. It might have been clean; there is no way to tell, when things are THAT stained.

The room itself was decent sized and did have some pros. The HVAC did a good job of cooling the room and provided just the right amount of noise to cover the outside and hotel noise. Best of all, the fan ran continuously, not just when it needed to, so sleeping was good. Second, the bed, while extremely firm, provided a good night's sleep. Also, the bathroom came with a 4-jet tub that was very deep and had a nice sloping back, so it was actually functional, if not a bit loud.

Breakfast was adequate for a property of this caliber, and the morning crew was significantly more gracious than the person I described earlier.

It is very rare that I give a thumbs down to a property, but in this case, I just can't recommend it unless it goes through a complete makeover.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TimmyB1957
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I checked Jameson Inn on Trip Advisor (customer reviews) and found it to be the best value for the $$ on a holiday weekend (4th of July) within a 40 mile radius. We arrived after 11:30p, worn out. The desk clerk was very sweet & welcoming, the room was ready, the a/c was on and cold, just the way we like it. All we had to do was shower and go to bed. The bed was wonderful, and there were 5 pillows! We slept like babies, and checked out about 11:30 a.m.-checkout time was noon. The room was spotless, odorless, everything worked as it should, and there were plenty of electrical outlets-even one near the bed for my husband's CPAP machine. The pool was very nice, even though we didn't use it-looked very well cared for. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast-we met family at a restaurant. This is a highly recommended property!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family