“Nice location great staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Hotel has easy access to I 75 and with closeness to interstate didn't hear any noise at all with the odd hours my job gets me to hotels staff very accomadating with breakfast and checkout time would gladly reccomend this hotel if passing through for a place to rest

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stopped here on our way back North after a Florida vacation. I didn't pay attention to the location of the room and boy I will next time. Our 3rd floor room was on the same side as the interstate and the road noise was too intrusive for our tastes. We will ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel if we stay in this area again. If was hoping to turn the HVAC fan on to give us some white noise but the fan only runs when needed by the heating/cooling unit so that idea didn't work (it's probably a smart idea energy-wise but that didn't help me with my noise problem).

Internet service was a little above average (www.speednet.com had 2.31 Mbps download and 1.52 Mbps upload) compared to the hotels we encountered this trip.

The basin is in the same area as the beds along with the mini-fridge & microwave. Our room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We forgot to ask for a room away from the highway and are we ever sorry! The noise from traffic was so bad it sounded like we were right next to the road. All that was missing was the "swish" of the cars and trucks. The breakfast room attendant was very attentive to all travelers needs. Oh, we were on the 4th floor and water pressure in the shower was very weak. Otherwise clean and serviceable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from from the road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed here one night before heading back home...rooms were clean and had a fridge and microwave..We did not use pool or fitness center, so not sure about those..Breakfast was the usual..at least it was fresh..One thing I did notice was a tip jar in the breakfast area..We are Choice members and of all the Choice hotel chains we have stayed at, I have never seen one with a tip jar in the breakfast area..just seems a little odd to me... They do offer smoking rooms which could be a plus if you do smoke.

Room Tip: Stay on front side of hotel..we stayed on back side and could hear traffic..not real loud but we cou...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bam531
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Ok, so we stayed here last year on our return trip from Florida. Hotel was ok, we booked a suite so we could have a separate room for the kids. Hot tub and pool were small, but nice for a mini stay-cation before heading back to the frigid temps of Ohio. Not a bad experience then.
This year, we booked early online so we could have the same type deal. Not so, the hotel website has pictures of the hot tub and lists the hot tub as an amenity. But, upon registration the lady mentions that it has been closed for some time now. Not a deal breaker, but we look forward to these amenities. We specifically chose this hotel to have a hot tub. And the Red Lobster next door is great, but the locals overrun the place and are rude. We will be looking for a new hotel in the same area next year.

Room Tip: Suites are okay, but ask for one with the bathroom outside of the main bedroom if you want privacy...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Eddy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites. I want to offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We have addressed the issue you mentioned concerning the update to the website stating the hot tub is no longer availabbe. We value your opinion and appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

The hotel was very disappointing. Pool was clean but very small and barely enough room to walk around it. I'm not a person to complain but I was not happy with this hotel at all. The rooms were so small that only one person could pass at the foot of the beds and there was no where to put our bags! The sheets didn't fit the beds and both sets of sheets were completely off the beds in the morning! The bathroom area was very nice and big - go figure! But the bath/shower had mold on the sides and corners and under the mat was this gross - hadn't been cleaned in forever - goo! Needless to say, I had to clean the shower and tub before the kids got in! Breakfast was wonderful - no complaints there. The front desk gal was a little short with me - I had asked for more towels and we were out of Kleenex but it seemed like there were other things more important than helping me at the time. Also, I plugged in my computer to charge it - but couldn't get on the internet so I didn't use it - but it messed up my computer and from then on I have all kinds of weird things going on with it. Not sure why, but that's the only time I had the computer out on the whole trip home so I KNOW it happened there. Don't plug in your computer there and definitely don't use it there!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites. We Value your opnion. I want to offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We will address the issues you mentioned. We can use this as an opportunity to improve our service and our hotel overall.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was on business trip and stay here twice. Rooms are clean, staff was good and friendly and hotel was nice and clean. Setup of Christmas was very nice. Breakfast setup was good. Really enjoy here with pleasent stay. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business