“Very clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family & I stopped on our way home Disney. It was my grandson's graduation trip. Didn't have reservation but we took a chance to stop here. We got a good rate.Comfort Inn has queen beds which we prefer. Staff was friendly. Room was big and it was clean. Breakfast had something for everyone. Boys always enjoy the waffles.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was a one night stop near the half way point to our final destination. We reserved a two queen beds suite through ChoiceHotels.com. Because we have three teenagers traveling with us, we need the bigger rooms and space. I was quite surprised at the size of the room because it was actually two rooms. One had the two beds with the bathroom and the other had a living area with sofa, tv, small table and a couple of chairs, and kitchen area (microwave, mini-fridge, and counter). I've stayed at other Choice Hotels and they usually have all of the above in one area. The room was clean and no real signs of wear and tear. I had reserved a roll-away bed online and it was waiting in the room for us.

Jan was working the desk when we arrived. She was very friendly and explained that area restaurants give a discount when you show your room key. She also demonstrated how to use the shower, in case one might have trouble figuring it out. Jan called our room after a short time to make sure we were happy with the room. Later I returned to the lobby to get some towels for the indoor pool. There was a line at the front desk of people wanting to check-in without prior reservations, I'd say three to four deep. At the same time, the phone was ringing off the hook with people making reservations. Luckily, there were rooms available. Jan worked diligently with the customers and kept her friendly composure serving them all. She took the time to explain the restaurant discounts and shower demonstration with each person.

My kids enjoyed the small indoor pool with some other guests. There is no spa at this hotel.

The only complaint I have is with the online reservation system. I'm not sure if it's
ChoiceHotel.com or the hotel itself. When I made my reservation, I selected 5 for the number of guests. This brought up the available rooms, but said I exceeded the max occupancy unless I got a roll-away bed. The two queen suite has a sofa bed making the roll-away redundant. Or perhaps I was upgraded to a larger room than I actually ordered?

This hotel is perfect for the business person or families staying in Dalton, Ga., however it is kind of hidden with only a small temporary sign directing you coming off the interstate. The hotel is on the West side of I-75 behind Red Lobster.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Batcrash
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Sorry to say, but our feet and socks were BLACK from dirty carpet room 108, very small sink counter area, we had road noise from I-75. While eating breakfast, we saw 2 live roaches on the wall, which really made our breakfast experience unappealing. The beds and pillows were comfy and A/C worked okay. We liked that there were several eatery's to choose from and Gas prices were cheap in that area as well. NOTE: after we checked in, we decided to go get a bite to eat, it was raining and on our drive back to the motel, we came across a 'Copper Head Snake' right out front from the MOTEL !!!!

Room Tip: We used a discount coupon from one of those flyers, so the Motel wouldn't give us points on our...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our room was clean and spacious, the bed very comfortable. We were on the 3rd floor and the shower pressure, while not great, was certainly adequate. The breakfast had hot and cold items, I'd say it was average and good. The staff were very friendly. The workout room had an elliptical and treadmill - all in good condition. The workout room did not have air conditioning. What is it with hotels not having ac in a room where you really need it!. The wifi was good. And the room was quiet, the hotel very convenient to I75. Bottom line - we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night, passing thru. The staff was welcoming and pleasant. The breakfast was good; freshly made waffles, cereals, toast and bagels, muffins and danishes, fruit, yogurt, biscuits and gravy and more. Comes with the price of the room. Very clean hotel through out. We had a room with two very clean and super comfortable queen beds. Nice sized room. Large, very clean, bathroom.

I'd stay here again. Very nice Comfort Inn hotel-best Comfort Inn I have stayed. Updated, clean with a pleasantly hospitable staff. Save a few bucks from staying at a Holiday Inn express, which costs more but provides double beds, not queen like Comfort Inn. In Dalton, choose Comfort Inn.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Roadtripgal5
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was a breath of fresh air after hours of driving. The staff was helpful and polite. The room was very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and so was the selection of pillows. The heated pool was just what this tired body needed after 9 hour driving. I will stay here again next time I come through Georgia. The town of Dalton where this hotel is located is very nice also.

Room Tip: You might want to get a room on the east side of the hotel. The freeway is on the west side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our family stayed her for 5 nights. The hotel has been updated and is very clean throughout (the pictures on the site do not show the new decor). The staff was friendly and helpful! Great free breakfast. The location is fantastic - close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family