“good value for price”
Review of Econo Lodge Dalton

Econo Lodge Dalton
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After a nightmare across the road at Motel 6, we chose a room here at 2:15 in the morning. I guess we got a nice room as the reviews on here are mixed, some saying filthy. My daughter and I did not see anything bad, just a comfortable, budget minded room. Beds a little firm but compared to the bug trap across the street, we were pleased to have a clean room.

Breakfast was lacking, kid tending it didn't seem concerned with re-stocking. I saw him standing and staring at a blank wall quite honestly. I watched him for a few minutes and he never moved. Biscuits were out so I asked the lady at the front desk, who came and got him moving. Once she left he was back to his 1,000 mile stare. BTw he was too young for PTSD so my guess was laziness.

Room Tip: We had one near the office (101), nicely remodeled and not 70's for sure.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Dalton

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Not gonna lie, I am so a hotel snob. I don't travel a lot so when I go somewhere I like to stay in a nice place. We were traveling with a group who made the reservations so I did not have a say so. I knew it was bad when I walked in the room and the smell was musty. I thought I would just have to live with it but when several in our group found bed bugs it was time to leave. One of the rooms even had pills in the air conditioning vent! We were forced to go look for another hotel at 10:30 at night in the pouring rain. I would have slept in my car before I laid my head in this dump. Hotels don't have to be expensive to be clean. They need to get this place in line or shut it down!!!!

Room Tip: To get a good room, go to another hotel. We stayed at The Holiday Inn Express, thought we were stay...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We came to the room and found tons of bugs filthy coditions. I wouldn't even let my dog stay here. We had to leave and find cleanier rooms on the Walnut Exit. Think twice before booking. Price isn't always important if it cost you more to get rid of bed bugs when you get home.

Room Tip: Recommend Holiday Inn off the Walnut Exit in Dalton
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank liza092012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The lady at the front desk told us that, "you're really gonna' like rooms. They've been remodelled." She also said that the price was good for the area. We got in the room and found that it had been remodeled in the '70's! There were bugs in the bath tub and the drain was clogged. The bed was lumpy. The breakfast was not very good, either. Overall, pretty bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

If you find yourself in Dalton near bedtime, the Super 8 of Dalton just off the second Dalton exit is a safe haven. It is perched on a hill overlooking Tibbs Road. Unlike the congested exit of Walnut Avenue, the second exit will lead you to the motel and a nearby Walmart as well as numerous gas stations. Located on the hill, the motel misses much of the drone of I-75. The rooms are perfectly adequate and beds comfortable. Handicap rooms have larger bathrooms. Check in and check out are usually quick and simple. Price is usually reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street and Interstate. Staff usually responds to requests.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Enjoyed very much our recent stay at the Super 8 in Dalton. Convenient to all we needed. Giant Super Wal Mart very near, plenty of everything we needed close by. Price was right and service above average.

Room Tip: Will stay again
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed here a year ago, and the place was really nice! Clean rooms, nice bathrooms, everything. I come back this time and it's a dump! The blankets and shower curtains have dirt everywhere, there is a white powder on the floor, the toilet leaks, part of the carpet is damp in front of one of the beds. There are dead bugs in the bathroom, the toilet paper wasn't changed out. There were only 3 towels, and one of them had bug legs and human hair all over it! The room stinks, one of the plug in sockets is completely unattached from the wall exposing wires. It looks as if someone came in, made the beds, changed out the towels, put in new soap, and left!!!!!! Don't stay here, you'll regret it!!!

• Stayed: May 2012