“Reasonably priced, better than other hotels in the area”
Review of Econo Lodge Dalton

Econo Lodge Dalton
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Without a reservation, I was able to get a room for $56.49 (tax included).

This hotel has an attractive lobby, well-maintained grounds, with a nice pool.

The room was moderately clean (no bugs) and the noise level was about average for this type of hotel (I did hear a train in the distance). The water pressure in the shower was low and it took some time to get my hair wet.

The night front desk clerk was a little surly.

The Baymont Inn, just down the hill from the Super 8, was having a house party with guests hanging out on the second floor walkway. The malt liquor and the gin n' juice flowed freely. That property looked disgusting.

Room Tip: The highway billboard advertises a $44.99 rate without any mention of "when available." If...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lance R

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We checked in at 4am, asked the clerk to please make a note to cleanibg staff not to disturb us and asked for a noon checkout.

The first knock came at 9am
Then again at 9:30am
Then at 10:45am
Then again at 11:20 am
Then the last at 11:45am they didn't knock they just came in the room as I was standing there naked getting dressed holding the door wide open while staring at me. I screamed for them to get out.
I went down to the lobby to check out and explain to the manager what happened and he just looked at me, printed the $75 receipt and said I'm sorry sir.
Worst hotel experience of my life and I will never stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We went to Ga to visit my family and I had stayed here before when it was under another name so I tried it again being Super Eight. Had asked to have my room super cleaned and it was not then we woke up to cock roaches crawling on the celling the bathroom was dirty and the carpet. Made a complaint and have yet not herd from them don't stay here. Plenty of nicer motels in the area! My luggage was went though while we were staying there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rita M
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I really enjoyed myself at the Super 8. Thank you for taking care of me and my family. I would stay anytime I am in town. The people here have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Easy access to the highway and plenty of restaurants.

Danny Carroll.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The beds were uncomftorable and lumpy, the carpeing was filthy, the room smelled bad, the pool area was unclean in and around the pool including the pool deck. Guests were drying their clothes draped over the bushes. The parking lot was littered with discarded items ie: a broken fan, can of empty hairspray, razors,dirty towels. One of the two ice machines had cobwebs growing in it from who knows how long of non use. The entire motel needs a good cleaning from top to bottom. After seeing all of that, we were afraid of getting anything to eat ot drink in the morning. I know when you travel with pets you often re descriminated agains but, this one was the worst experience by far. I make this trip 3x per year and generally stop in the same area. Not next time. The night staff was plesant and courteous but in the morning, we felt quite ignored. I guess they got their money and that is all that mattered.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family