“No Frills, good value”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Lebanon, Ohio
“No Frills, good value”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

no frills good value for place to sleep. rooms are old, clean, frinedly staff. still under super 8 name but not actually super 8 so not wyndham resorts motel. If your looking for cheap decent place to stay with no frills. good value.. no complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank elizabeth t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mora, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Good value for the money, rooms could be updated some (they are working on that) but our room was clean and beds comfortable. Public areas were very nice, and a light breakfast was included. Motel 6 across the road was a dump for $10 less.
Best $49 room I have found. Even a pool for the warmer months.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Decatur, MI
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been a club member for many years and I have stayed at numerous Super 8's. However, this was the WORST one that I have ever stayed in. First, we entered our room but quickly saw that the door would not lock from the inside so we got another room. We walked in the new room and found a dirty bath tub and floor. We also did not have a micro or refrigerator that was agreed upon. The sink stopper was broke and just laying next to the sink and the phone was dead. The light on the wall next to the bed did not work and upon closer inspection we found out why. It was because the plug did not reach the out let. Also, the ice machine was broke and the next morning we went back to out room only to find that the key did not work so we had to go back to the desk and have it reset. Please do not fall into the trap that we did; we saw the photo of the grand staircase and thought it would be a nice hotel, but believe me; it only leads to hell!

Room Tip: Do not trust photos of hotels!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy b

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 17 October 2013

From the outside this property looked really great. Situated on top of a hill with a large nicely appointed lobby looking out onto the in-ground pool, we thought we were in for a good nights rest. The price was competitive but when we unloaded the car and turned on the lights we were dismayed to discover what I'm sure was black mold on the walls. Additionally there was still garbage on the floor and the room had not been properly cleaned. One funny item that shows how little effort was put into making the place more visitor friendly. The sign for the ice machine had the arrow pointing to the left. The ice machine was actually down the corridor to the right. The free breakfast was a joke. My recommendation: Don't go up the hill.

Room Tip: The best advice I could offer is to drive on by.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Will3642
Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here during our recent trip to Dalton for the SPA softball tournament. The staff could not have been kinder, the rooms were comfortable and very clean. We will definitely stay here next time in Dalton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Allegan, Michigan
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Without a reservation, I was able to get a room for $56.49 (tax included).

This hotel has an attractive lobby, well-maintained grounds, with a nice pool.

The room was moderately clean (no bugs) and the noise level was about average for this type of hotel (I did hear a train in the distance). The water pressure in the shower was low and it took some time to get my hair wet.

The night front desk clerk was a little surly.

The Baymont Inn, just down the hill from the Super 8, was having a house party with guests hanging out on the second floor walkway. The malt liquor and the gin n' juice flowed freely. That property looked disgusting.

Room Tip: The highway billboard advertises a $44.99 rate without any mention of "when available." If...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lance R
Nashville
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We checked in at 4am, asked the clerk to please make a note to cleanibg staff not to disturb us and asked for a noon checkout.

The first knock came at 9am
Then again at 9:30am
Then at 10:45am
Then again at 11:20 am
Then the last at 11:45am they didn't knock they just came in the room as I was standing there naked getting dressed holding the door wide open while staring at me. I screamed for them to get out.
I went down to the lobby to check out and explain to the manager what happened and he just looked at me, printed the $75 receipt and said I'm sorry sir.
Worst hotel experience of my life and I will never stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business