“Coupon not honored”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Weyauwega, Wisconsin
“Coupon not honored”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

On our way from Wisconsin to Florida and stopped here as I found a coupon at the Georgia welcome center for 44$ for up to 4 guests mon-thurs..when we got there he said oh I can't do that coupon but I can give you the AAA price of 53$..which also isn't bad, but felt as though his coupon was just a ploy to get you in there. We got there at 5 fell asleep and 6 and left already at 2am, so we didn't use the pool nor did we eat the breakfast.. rooms are nothing great at all, but is an inexpensive place to lay your head for a few hours rest. You can tell they tried to maybe do some updates but were very cheaply doneas it was no more than just a cover up. Again alright for just a quick passing through & the price...

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dalton, GA
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I give this place five stars in an apples to apples comparison. No, it's not a super high end hotel, but it's a great value for the money. The rooms are large and clean, and, unlike nearby competitors which are lacking in some categories, come with carpeting, tubs, and a micro/fridge. The biggest surprise was the high quality of the mattress. There is a free breakfast, and on Tuesday night a free dinner is served. Nice.
The other big advantage to this hotel when compared to the like priced competitors across the road is that it is up a hill and far enough from the highway that traffic noise is almost non existent. This is particularly important as a major construction project is currently underway directly behind the other hotels.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank rhoderunner63
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Let's see, we paid about 50 bucks...so I can't really do too much complaining, but I will anyways. However, I will never stay here again. The room was gross, it felt like a smoking room that had a fresh coat of paint that was now 'non-smoking.' If you have allergies don't stay here. I felt like things were crawling all over me all night. The room was damp and we had to blast the AC on cold to make the scent/air tolerable. Also, the room was not clean. Aside from having various stains of splashed all over the walls, the bathroom and our towels were covered in long, dark, curly hairs. My husband and I have light hair. We didn't really get much sleep as it seemed someone was staying right above us, even though this was a massive hotel, they put us under a guy who was working out in his room all night. Either that or he was a crack-head tweaking out all night. This was paired with the suspicion of prostitution when we heard a man and woman arguing about payment for some services that were taking place at the hotel. Why did we stay? To be honest I was just too tired to leave to find another hotel. It was late and we had been driving all day and frankly I was afraid to open the door to what was going on outside. I also thought the older woman at the front desk was a nice lady, who is the only reason for the stars in this review. If she was there maybe this was a one-off event? Really, getting some cleaning staff in and a security guard could turn this place around, the potential is there.

I would not recommend this place for female solo travelers, people concerned about safety, or individuals who can afford to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Brainerd
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I were Very Impressed with all features of this Motel. The building itself was awesome as we walked completely around the building. The inside also made an excellent impression. The room was Excellent, with a super-good mattress. The Staff also impressed us. This was a Super Excellent Motel - An Excellent Place to Stay. I asked the Manager on duty how I could submit an Excellent Survey on that particular motel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Donald L
Clarkesville
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've stayed here for the last 3 weeks. I am a contractor and I travel a lot. This hotel has the friendliest staff that I have ever encountered! They will also serve you dinner every tuesday night which is a plus! I love the rooms and they are always clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone I know or encounter!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Hlhood38
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014

no frills good value for place to sleep. rooms are old, clean, frinedly staff. still under super 8 name but not actually super 8 so not wyndham resorts motel. If your looking for cheap decent place to stay with no frills. good value.. no complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank elizabeth t
Mora, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Good value for the money, rooms could be updated some (they are working on that) but our room was clean and beds comfortable. Public areas were very nice, and a light breakfast was included. Motel 6 across the road was a dump for $10 less.
Best $49 room I have found. Even a pool for the warmer months.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family