“Great Beds” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
North Redington Beach, Florida
“Great Beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Room had king sized bed and sleeper sofa, perfect for us and my son. Bed was so comfortable after a long day on the road. The only thing is that this Hampton is an outside access, not internal. But all in all very clean, good breakfast and great location with lots of restaurant options. Definitely would stay again for one night stop.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Dalton on our way to and from Florida. Although it is more expensive than other hotels at the same exit, we know what we are going to get. That is one thing I like about Hampton Inns. Our room was clean, the beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is always good, and the coffee is good and strong, which is how I like it. There are always cookies in the afternoon and tea and coffee available.

We do not make reservations because I am never sure how far my parents will want to drive in a day but we've always been able to get 2 rooms here. This time however, we almost missed out. After we got our rooms there were only a few rooms left and I do think they sold out. Our rooms were the farthest away from the lobby we have ever been, on the Cracker Barrel side, and I was afraid the freeway noise would be a problem since I am such a light sleeper. We always request a room on the quietest side of the hotel away from the freeway, but that was not possible this time. But I did not notice the noise during the night. Even with the hotel full there was available seating at breakfast and all food items were stocked. I used the exercise room this time and found it to be quite nice with plenty of towels and cool water and the equipment I needed.

One of my favorite things about this Hampton are the "Hampton to go " bags. I have stayed at many Hamptons in different cities and this in the only one that always has the bags available. I really appreciate that. Even though this hotel is more expensive, we will probably stay here again when we head south in the fall, just because we know the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. And we like that Cracker Barrel is right across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lobby would be more quiet.
1 Thank Gaelicmom3
Dearborn Heights
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Usually stay at Hampton Inn so on our way home from Florida we called ahead and reserved our room. The front desk was courteous enough. We were tired and worn out from our drive. When we found our room there was no place to park our car. There was 2 cars with trailers taking up 8 spaces. When I went to the front desk to inform them we had no parking space I did get a "Oh I'm sorry". We were able to park in the handicapped parking space in the front of the building as I was driving with my mother and she has a handicapped license. We had to walk from the front of the building to the back of the building to get to our room. When we got in the room the bathtub was dirty(thank God we had Comet so we could clean our tub). Gross beyond words!!!

Room Tip: Find another room!!!!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMCKAY30
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently for business. This visit room cleanliness was disappointing. Toilet not clean, furniture dusty and floors don't appear to be swept. Disappointing

• Stayed April 2012
Berea, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We arrived late with reservations on our way to Florida and had a quick and easy check in. Our room was on the ground floor as I had requested and there was plenty of parking for my vehicle and the attached cargo carrier on the back. The area looked pretty nice, so, I didn't fear for my vehicle and even left the tub on the cargo carrier that contained our food and drinks for our trip overnight with no problem. The room passed the bedbug check and was quite clean with extra effort by the maids for which we left a tip. The next morning revealed that the exterior of the hotel and the grounds are kept in impeccable shape, with the shrubbery and the grass trimmed to a tee. This IS an exterior room entrance hotel which doesn't matter to me in the least, especially since the area seemed secure. Great food bar at breakfast with plenty of selection. The only nit picking on this hotel from is this; Some very minor wear and tear on the furniture in the rooms, the ice machine entrance is very narrow and I had to turn sideways to get into it for my ice and they had the television in the breakfast room set on FOX. I HATE both FOX News AND CNN with a passion for all their skewed political views from the left and the right. Overall the hotel is aces!

Room Tip: Request a room toward the front of the hotel and away from the interstate as far as possible. I har...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank papagrit
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed one night and slept like babies. Our room was exceptionally clean. It even smelled fresh and clean. The beds were soft and comfortable. Despite being located next to the interstate the rooms were nice and quiet. This Hampton inn is on my list to revisit if ever in the area. Worth the $ for clean and comfy!

• Stayed February 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We love finding a Hampton that has restaurants within walking distance, and this one has plenty PLUS a shopping mall across the parking lot! I loved the plantation shutters on our windows and the upgraded classiness in general. This inn is right off I75, (a right and a right with a light which I love), and we had a wonderful stay. Will definitely make a point to stay with them next time through Dalton!

Room Tip: The hotel is three stories, but they have elevators centrally located. The back building is closer...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple