“Older But Good”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Pelham, Alabama
“Older But Good”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

An older style Hampton with outside entry to the room rather than interior room entry. A safety factor, but everything appeared safe and was well lit at night, so this issue did not really bother me. Small but clean and updated room was good. Refrigerator in the room was nice. The two negatives for me was I had trouble sleeping due to road noise from I-75. Breakfast was a zoo....way too many people to accommodate. We had breakfast around 9 am (Sunday morning) and there was a shortage of seats and the attendant ran out of plates, waffle batter, and other stuff. Took some time to replenish things which really made things back up even more. If the hotel was full, surely they knew that before they started trying to serve?? Otherwise, it was an ok stay.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd story rather than be on ground level where a break-in could more easily occur.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-HamptonInn-Dalton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and updated. I was also happy to learn that you enjoyed having a refrigerator. I would however like to offer you a sincere apology for the issues you experienced. I am very sorry that you had trouble sleeping due to road noise from I-75. I would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced at breakfast. Please know that I greatly appreciate your specific comments and will use them to improve our guest experience. Our goal is for all guests to be completely satisfied with their stay. I would really appreciate the opportunity to make amends for the issues you experienced. If possible, please contact me at the email or phone number listed below. Thanks again for your review. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

julie.pavlu@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Summit, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Book your next hotel stay at the Hampton Inn and you will be so happy you did!! It is the next best thing to being at home. The service was the best!! We brought our own Therapeutic pillows from home for our own comfort, but the pillows at the hotel were already perfect..anyway, on our way back home we realized we had left ours, called the hotel, and they cheerfully sent our expensive pillows to us . I was so relieved. I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are thrilled to be your home away from home! We want all guests to feel comfortable and at home while they are staying with us and we are so pleased to learn you did. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back "home" to Hampton Inn Dalton very soon! Thanks again for your kind review.

Camden, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Clean and efficient property, 'old' styling with all room access from outside. Staff efficient but seemed a bit disconnected as though more interested in other things. Don't expect a warm, cuddly feeling. Lobby was very nice and reasonably new. Not many there but they still put us on the top floor in the back section, maybe so we could hear the noise from the interstate traffic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were so pleased to learn that you found the hotel clean and efficient. However, on behalf of the entire Hampton Inn Dalton team, I would like to offer you a sincere apology for the issues you experienced. I am very sorry that the staff members you encountered seemed disconnected. Please know that I take your comments very seriously and will use them to help us improve the guest experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is any further information you would like to provide concerning your experience. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make amends for any issues you experienced during you stay. Thanks again for your review. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This an older Hampton Inn. The rooms are somewhat dingy and the doors let every outside sound in. The breakfast area is extremely cramped, which makes for a very unpleasant meal. I would not stay at this Hampton Inn again and will look for other options when traveling in the area.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Michael M
GM-HamptonInn-Dalton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to offer you a sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please know that I take your comments very seriously and will use them to help us improve our overall guest experience. I would really appreciate the opportunity to make amends for your stay. If possible, please contact me at the phone number or email address listed below. Thanks again for your feedback. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

Email: julie.pavlu@hilton.com
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

As a female business traveler I have a rule to not stay at a hotel with outside entry. The nearest Hilton property was further away than I'd like to drive daily so I decided to give it a chance. It was clean, comfortable, and I felt very secure. I'd stay here again if I come back to the area!

Stayed July 2014
GM-HamptonInn-Dalton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that felt very secure and found our facility clean and comfortable. We greatly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Dalton when your travels bring you to our area. Thanks again!

Gaylesville, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Best for service and Room and price since i have been staying in Dalton Ga. Staff makes you feel like family there. Rooms are very clean the wifi is great in the rom and they have one in the lobby as well for you.At check in i have had no problem with getting in fast and at check out they have my bill waiting on me don't have to wait for it. Have had trouble with the phone called and they fixed it right away.Room is always clean and smells fresh every day.The pool there looks clean and well maintained even though i don't use it.After a hard days work i can go into the lobby for some cookies and a drink.Lobby is very clean and pleasent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks very much for the excellent review! We are so honored to have you as one of our loyal guests. It is truly our pleasure to be of service to you. We know you have a choice of where you stay in Dalton and we are so grateful that you continue to choose us and consider us the Best! We are so happy you are part of our Hampton Inn Dalton family! Thanks so much for the outstanding review. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love the Hilton Brands because I am rarely surprised or disappointed.

The staff was excellent, room clean and very comfortable. My favorite thing about Hiltons is the bedding. So much better than other chains I have stayed in.

Breakfast was a good choice of foods which is not always the case in "free breakfast included". Fruit, waffles, eggs..better than most.

My only issue which is why I did not give an excellent review was the noise. My room was very near the interstate plus across from Mountain Creek Harley Davidson which just happened to be having an outdoor music event.

All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one not close to the side where the interstate runs by closely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GM-HamptonInn-Dalton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dalton, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff excellent and the bedding and breakast offerings met your satisfaction. We understand you have a choice in where you book your hotel accomodations and we are so pleased to know that you choose to stay with Hampton and the Hilton family of brands. We appreciate you! I would however like to apologize for the noise issue you experienced during your stay. I really wish that disturbance could have been prevented. Rooms closer to the front of the hotel that do not face the Harley Davidson shop or the interstate traffic tend to experience less noise. We hope you will stay with us again. We will make sure you are in a quiet location of the hotel. Thanks again for your great review!