“NEVER AGAIN!!”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
“NEVER AGAIN!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I will never stay here again. There were no chains on our door to lock at night. A hole in the door that had been sort of patched. There was a group of us that stayed. No one will go back. Even though there were reservations no room was ready. We did have clean sheets. Several people said there bathroom doors stuck and their toilets rocked. Ours had a piece of cardboard under it but still rocked. They need to do a lot of general maintenance. The pictures on the web site are very misleading.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 49404Sally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kansas City MO
Reviewed 29 January 2011

That's pleasant when the price posted on the highway sign is the price quoted at the deck with no hassle. . Sign says $29.95 and clerk said the same - that got me an upstairs room.

Basic "cheap motel" room but adequate, the tv and tv remote worked, the furnishings were intact and the curtains would darken the room adequately for a day sleeper. No big surprises on the up or downside - no complaints. If traveling with the kids be aware - the tv lineup includes two explicit channels which gives a sort of seedy sound to the property but stay away from those and it's an adequate $29 motel without the usual hassle at check in to actually get that rate. Taxes are added on of course so the final bill was $34.

As others note the morning fare is coffee and a snack cake - something like a Smores the morning I was there. Aquarium in the lobby and and the clerk was courteous and made inquiry as I left to see if everything was ok - that's a nice touch. I'd visit again. I-75 at Dalton GA. Other services nearby but no food "next door". It'd be a short drive to find a place to eat.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KaseyMoe
Wartrace, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Traveling on a budget is tricky-- I'd like to find a cheap sleep and not fear for my life or health while I am there. Guest Inn delivered. The hosts were polite and attentive, the rooms were clean, the maid service was very good (better than some big-name hotels), and I left valuable electronics out and never had a problem. Good TV service, some extra channels. There is no breakfast, just coffee and Little Debbies, which at the price didn't surprise or concern me. I stayed for five nights, and will ABSOLUTELY stay there again on all my Dalton business trips, and would stay there with my kids, too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
tennesse
Reviewed 16 March 2010

they have recenly renovated the rooms.so they were clean.the customer service was very good.they have a very good line up on the t.v 4 hbo's.free wifi.could do more for breakfast though.snake cakes are not very healthy.but they did direct me to a good place to get a homecooked meal.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
ATLANTA GA
Reviewed 6 January 2009

i stayed there for two nights,,place was clean, front desk was friendly,,ownership has been changed,,,but good coffee in the morning and paid below 35 dollars,,,other motels were asking 95-120 dollars,,,this is the best for the money spend... i will recomend to any body for the price,,,and also free adult channel as well...next door there is pub called oyster pub, food is great there,,,i liked ,petty melt and chicken salad, there,,i will let any body try it...its soo good i had to to take one for my wife for to go pack.....NEW OWNERSHIP DID THE GOOG JOB.

• Liked — Reasonable price and service
  • Disliked — Furniture is old, motel by it self is old,,
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Stay away from this place. It's nasty and really smells bad (like urine). The Worst hotel I have ever stayed in !! We were not looking for frills just a clean bed and boy were we surprised to find small bugs the next morning. This place needs to be shut down.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty & the smell
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank jeepy11

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 10 April 2007

The old saying, "you get what you pay for" pops in to my mind when writing this review. Ok, we were just looking for something reasonable when looking for a place to "lay our heads" for one night on the weekend of Saint Pattys '07. We didn't want to pay a whole lot
so thought the price of $34.99 wasn't a bad deal. Now, I do A LOT of research before traveling. Going into this, I sort of new it wouldn't
be the greatest place to stay. I'd read other reviews and researched the area so wasn't expecting a great place. I was RIGHT. The beds were very small, it was realatively clean, but I'd guess if we had a black light I'm pretty sure we would've discovered not so much. Everything on the surface "looked clean", but you never really know in a place like this. We checked in early and no one was there
...but that night it was full. Given the signs as you travel through N. GA heading in to Dalton advertise low prices (Mon-Thurs mind you), I'm sure a lot of unknowing travelers looking for a place for the night are drawn in. I didn't really feel safe returning to the room that night (I was gone the rest of the day). Here's the part you'll really love...when my boyfriend and another friend returned that night they said they were approached by a prostitute. Go figure
...you get what you pay for. Thank goodness it was only one night!

• Liked — They did have free wireless internet. That was a plus if you're traveling with a laptop...but you neve know the safety so don't go to your checking account!
  • Disliked — Feeling at night of not being safe.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Lisaanne94