“HORRID!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“HORRID!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We arrived and there were several questionable individuals hanging around, my husband wanted to keep going but I thought we should check in since it was getting late. Big mistake! The room was horrid. Paint peeling, filthy carpeting, moldy, and the "bar" smell was overcoming. We had reserved a non-smoking room and it was obvious that they do not enforce their non smoking policy. We were looking for a pet friendly and reasonably priced place to sleep. We left immediately, never to return. I would not let my dog sleep in that filthy place let alone the rest of my family.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nel k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We were traveling from Illinois and it was getting late. We drove as far as we could and decided to get off at our next exit. We did not want to to pay a lot for a room as we only wanted to get a few hours of sleep. As we entered our room, a giant cockroach scurried across the floor. The room was disgusting! There was no chain on the door so we had to barracade the door with a table. In the middle of the night I felt something crawling across my face! As It was time to go I decided to take a quick shower to get the filth of the room off of me. The shower handle was broken. I had to take a cold shower. After getting home, I noticed several clusters of bumps on me and my daughter. After doing research and showing the bumps to a RN, she confirmed that we were bitten by bedbugs! I am in the process of contacting the manager to complain and possibly get my money back!

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mudrn1

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Oak Ridge, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I will never stay here again. There were no chains on our door to lock at night. A hole in the door that had been sort of patched. There was a group of us that stayed. No one will go back. Even though there were reservations no room was ready. We did have clean sheets. Several people said there bathroom doors stuck and their toilets rocked. Ours had a piece of cardboard under it but still rocked. They need to do a lot of general maintenance. The pictures on the web site are very misleading.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 49404Sally
Kansas City MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

That's pleasant when the price posted on the highway sign is the price quoted at the deck with no hassle. . Sign says $29.95 and clerk said the same - that got me an upstairs room.

Basic "cheap motel" room but adequate, the tv and tv remote worked, the furnishings were intact and the curtains would darken the room adequately for a day sleeper. No big surprises on the up or downside - no complaints. If traveling with the kids be aware - the tv lineup includes two explicit channels which gives a sort of seedy sound to the property but stay away from those and it's an adequate $29 motel without the usual hassle at check in to actually get that rate. Taxes are added on of course so the final bill was $34.

As others note the morning fare is coffee and a snack cake - something like a Smores the morning I was there. Aquarium in the lobby and and the clerk was courteous and made inquiry as I left to see if everything was ok - that's a nice touch. I'd visit again. I-75 at Dalton GA. Other services nearby but no food "next door". It'd be a short drive to find a place to eat.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KaseyMoe
Wartrace, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Traveling on a budget is tricky-- I'd like to find a cheap sleep and not fear for my life or health while I am there. Guest Inn delivered. The hosts were polite and attentive, the rooms were clean, the maid service was very good (better than some big-name hotels), and I left valuable electronics out and never had a problem. Good TV service, some extra channels. There is no breakfast, just coffee and Little Debbies, which at the price didn't surprise or concern me. I stayed for five nights, and will ABSOLUTELY stay there again on all my Dalton business trips, and would stay there with my kids, too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tennesse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

they have recenly renovated the rooms.so they were clean.the customer service was very good.they have a very good line up on the t.v 4 hbo's.free wifi.could do more for breakfast though.snake cakes are not very healthy.but they did direct me to a good place to get a homecooked meal.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ATLANTA GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

i stayed there for two nights,,place was clean, front desk was friendly,,ownership has been changed,,,but good coffee in the morning and paid below 35 dollars,,,other motels were asking 95-120 dollars,,,this is the best for the money spend... i will recomend to any body for the price,,,and also free adult channel as well...next door there is pub called oyster pub, food is great there,,,i liked ,petty melt and chicken salad, there,,i will let any body try it...its soo good i had to to take one for my wife for to go pack.....NEW OWNERSHIP DID THE GOOG JOB.

• Liked — Reasonable price and service
  • Disliked — Furniture is old, motel by it self is old,,
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)