“Believe all the other reviews” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guest Inn - Dalton

Guest Inn - Dalton
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Leesburg,Fl
“Believe all the other reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Except for the dates of the reviews I think most of us could have stayed on the same night. This place is bad and my wife and I use low standards when on long trips just looking for some sleep. Like some others said, dirty, TV didn't work,didn't brave the shower. We had two double beds and managed to find 2 pillows that didn't have stains or dirt on them. I could go on but it's all listed in the other reviews.
Problem with these reviews is that when looking for a quick place to dive into we seldom take time to read a review. They are really helpful when planning ahead.

Room Tip: I'm thinking there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bsaylor1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Misleading web info,misleading prices no chain locks on doors bathroom falling apart stains on the bed and carpet random animals running around parking lot.Random people snooping around. Front desk gives you dead remote for TV. AC was the only good part.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank LEROY G

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hey, so the only reason we stopped here was to sleep and to take a break from our long drive down to Florida. I will be honest, we only stayed here because of the price for the room. $30 (plus TAX) and that got us an upstairs room. We checked in at night.

This is a very basic "cheap motel" room. Not much to really say. Had drawers, TV that worked, ac/heater unit, 2 beds which were intact and that's about it. The carpet was red and dirty had sticky stains and such. I didn't take off my shoes. The bathroom needed a bad makeover. Toilet work but shower was kinda dirty-ish, so we didn't shower. It was just to sleep 6-7h and rest so we could continue driving.

Flipped both mattress' to check for bed-bugs (just to be safe) but did not find any. Slept though the night peacefully, woke up rested, no bumps or bites on body. Not sure about other users but did not experience any bugs here. (Thankfully)

We just left in the morning, but in the lobby there is coffee and a snack cake (little debbie cakes)available if wanted. We just left, got back on the hwy and hit a McDonalds on the next exit. I-75 hwy in Dalton, GA. There are no food places next door so get back on the hwy if your looking for a breakfast place. Its a short drive to find a place to eat.

Price wise it was OK, but nothing spectacular. Next time I will just pay a little more and stay at a Motel 6 or Super 8. If all you really want is the hwy and a cheap stay for a few hours sleep (6-7-8) then by all means stay, but if you have kids or elderly or someone that wants more 'up keep' I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank heyyahblah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Believe the reviews! We gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt after one good review. My husband is a truck driver and had reached his driving limit for the day so we had no choice but to stop and this was the only hotel available in the area. The rooms are nasty and even saw a roach in the shower the next morning. Keep driving!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank pucketts
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed one night while passing through on way home from Florida. We chose this hotel based on guest ratings and price. The reviews were way off! This place is dirty, smelly, and we are pretty sure there is questionable activity going on...you figure it out. Never stay here...pay a little more and get a better night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank jsf2438
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We arrived and there were several questionable individuals hanging around, my husband wanted to keep going but I thought we should check in since it was getting late. Big mistake! The room was horrid. Paint peeling, filthy carpeting, moldy, and the "bar" smell was overcoming. We had reserved a non-smoking room and it was obvious that they do not enforce their non smoking policy. We were looking for a pet friendly and reasonably priced place to sleep. We left immediately, never to return. I would not let my dog sleep in that filthy place let alone the rest of my family.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nel k
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We were traveling from Illinois and it was getting late. We drove as far as we could and decided to get off at our next exit. We did not want to to pay a lot for a room as we only wanted to get a few hours of sleep. As we entered our room, a giant cockroach scurried across the floor. The room was disgusting! There was no chain on the door so we had to barracade the door with a table. In the middle of the night I felt something crawling across my face! As It was time to go I decided to take a quick shower to get the filth of the room off of me. The shower handle was broken. I had to take a cold shower. After getting home, I noticed several clusters of bumps on me and my daughter. After doing research and showing the bumps to a RN, she confirmed that we were bitten by bedbugs! I am in the process of contacting the manager to complain and possibly get my money back!

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family