Guest Inn - Dalton
US$127
US$121
US$124
US$119
Howard Johnson Dalton(Dalton)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$152
US$146
US$180
Hotelpower.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The only reason I rated this place with 1's is because 0 was not an option. We got there at 1am and had to switch rooms because the key did not work. The 2nd room they gave us was already occupied. Yes, occupied! We finally get into our room and its pretty gross nut its 2am and we're exhausted. The next day our beds were never made and I'm pretty sure the maid smoked in our room while we were gone. Also that day the roaches made themselves present. All the while drug deals are happening all around us. WOW, how are you still in business?
P.s. the free breakfast is little debbie oatmeal cakes. Yes, I'm serious.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank traveler848484
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Except for the dates of the reviews I think most of us could have stayed on the same night. This place is bad and my wife and I use low standards when on long trips just looking for some sleep. Like some others said, dirty, TV didn't work,didn't brave the shower. We had two double beds and managed to find 2 pillows that didn't have stains or dirt on them. I could go on but it's all listed in the other reviews.
Problem with these reviews is that when looking for a quick place to dive into we seldom take time to read a review. They are really helpful when planning ahead.

Room Tip: I'm thinking there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bsaylor1
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Misleading web info,misleading prices no chain locks on doors bathroom falling apart stains on the bed and carpet random animals running around parking lot.Random people snooping around. Front desk gives you dead remote for TV. AC was the only good part.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank LEROY G
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hey, so the only reason we stopped here was to sleep and to take a break from our long drive down to Florida. I will be honest, we only stayed here because of the price for the room. $30 (plus TAX) and that got us an upstairs room. We checked in at night.

This is a very basic "cheap motel" room. Not much to really say. Had drawers, TV that worked, ac/heater unit, 2 beds which were intact and that's about it. The carpet was red and dirty had sticky stains and such. I didn't take off my shoes. The bathroom needed a bad makeover. Toilet work but shower was kinda dirty-ish, so we didn't shower. It was just to sleep 6-7h and rest so we could continue driving.

Flipped both mattress' to check for bed-bugs (just to be safe) but did not find any. Slept though the night peacefully, woke up rested, no bumps or bites on body. Not sure about other users but did not experience any bugs here. (Thankfully)

We just left in the morning, but in the lobby there is coffee and a snack cake (little debbie cakes)available if wanted. We just left, got back on the hwy and hit a McDonalds on the next exit. I-75 hwy in Dalton, GA. There are no food places next door so get back on the hwy if your looking for a breakfast place. Its a short drive to find a place to eat.

Price wise it was OK, but nothing spectacular. Next time I will just pay a little more and stay at a Motel 6 or Super 8. If all you really want is the hwy and a cheap stay for a few hours sleep (6-7-8) then by all means stay, but if you have kids or elderly or someone that wants more 'up keep' I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank heyyahblah
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Believe the reviews! We gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt after one good review. My husband is a truck driver and had reached his driving limit for the day so we had no choice but to stop and this was the only hotel available in the area. The rooms are nasty and even saw a roach in the shower the next morning. Keep driving!

• Stayed: April 2012