“Clean, inexpensive, and friendly.”
Review of Guest Inn - Dalton

Guest Inn - Dalton
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Wartrace, Tennessee
“Clean, inexpensive, and friendly.”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Traveling on a budget is tricky-- I'd like to find a cheap sleep and not fear for my life or health while I am there. Guest Inn delivered. The hosts were polite and attentive, the rooms were clean, the maid service was very good (better than some big-name hotels), and I left valuable electronics out and never had a problem. Good TV service, some extra channels. There is no breakfast, just coffee and Little Debbies, which at the price didn't surprise or concern me. I stayed for five nights, and will ABSOLUTELY stay there again on all my Dalton business trips, and would stay there with my kids, too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
tennesse
Reviewed 16 March 2010

they have recenly renovated the rooms.so they were clean.the customer service was very good.they have a very good line up on the t.v 4 hbo's.free wifi.could do more for breakfast though.snake cakes are not very healthy.but they did direct me to a good place to get a homecooked meal.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
ATLANTA GA
Reviewed 6 January 2009

i stayed there for two nights,,place was clean, front desk was friendly,,ownership has been changed,,,but good coffee in the morning and paid below 35 dollars,,,other motels were asking 95-120 dollars,,,this is the best for the money spend... i will recomend to any body for the price,,,and also free adult channel as well...next door there is pub called oyster pub, food is great there,,,i liked ,petty melt and chicken salad, there,,i will let any body try it...its soo good i had to to take one for my wife for to go pack.....NEW OWNERSHIP DID THE GOOG JOB.

• Liked — Reasonable price and service
  • Disliked — Furniture is old, motel by it self is old,,
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Stay away from this place. It's nasty and really smells bad (like urine). The Worst hotel I have ever stayed in !! We were not looking for frills just a clean bed and boy were we surprised to find small bugs the next morning. This place needs to be shut down.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty & the smell
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank jeepy11

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 10 April 2007

The old saying, "you get what you pay for" pops in to my mind when writing this review. Ok, we were just looking for something reasonable when looking for a place to "lay our heads" for one night on the weekend of Saint Pattys '07. We didn't want to pay a whole lot
so thought the price of $34.99 wasn't a bad deal. Now, I do A LOT of research before traveling. Going into this, I sort of new it wouldn't
be the greatest place to stay. I'd read other reviews and researched the area so wasn't expecting a great place. I was RIGHT. The beds were very small, it was realatively clean, but I'd guess if we had a black light I'm pretty sure we would've discovered not so much. Everything on the surface "looked clean", but you never really know in a place like this. We checked in early and no one was there
...but that night it was full. Given the signs as you travel through N. GA heading in to Dalton advertise low prices (Mon-Thurs mind you), I'm sure a lot of unknowing travelers looking for a place for the night are drawn in. I didn't really feel safe returning to the room that night (I was gone the rest of the day). Here's the part you'll really love...when my boyfriend and another friend returned that night they said they were approached by a prostitute. Go figure
...you get what you pay for. Thank goodness it was only one night!

• Liked — They did have free wireless internet. That was a plus if you're traveling with a laptop...but you neve know the safety so don't go to your checking account!
  • Disliked — Feeling at night of not being safe.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Lisaanne94
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 May 2006

I was traveling from Nebraska to Florida with 2 small children. It was almost 4:00 am and both my kids were asleep and I was barely hanging on. I too was drawn in by the cheep prices on the road. When I took the exit and made my way into the lobby, I found out the the price on the signs was not correct either. Because it was so late and I needed to get my kids into a bed, I agreed on the price. I got my kids upstairs to the room 202, please note the room # so you don't make the same mistake. I walked into the room and was so disgused. There was big and I mean big, stains on the carpet, (when you took off your shoes, your feet stuck to the floor.) There was holes in the walls through out the place, the bathroom was gross. The TV had about 5 channels and none of them were any HBO or movie channels, there wasn't even a remote!!! The air condition was trashed and barely worked.
Because I had my kids and put them in bed before discovering all of this, I decided to wait to wake them up and tell the office about the room in the morning. When I went to check out I asked the 2 men at the front desk who owed the hotel and they said they did. I asked them how they could owe a place like this. I told them everything that was wrong with the room and their only comment to me was, I should of came back down stairs, (waking up 2 small kids again) and told the clerk. I told them that since they didn't seem to care I would contact the health department. (Which didn't seem to bother them either)
I highly do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Alisha2476
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 December 2005

The rate on the highway sign drew me in but was not available when I arrived. Desk clerk called me back when I was walking out and offered the lower rate.

No blanket on bed, run down, sink cracked, needed plaster work, cigarette burns, needed new carpet, tv sound was terrible. Linens were clean and room cleanliness was OK.

Adult channel was on and unscrambled--potential consideration for families?

Packaged snack cakes for breakfast, good juice, good coffee.

• Stayed December 2005