“Safe Bet on Walton Avenue”
Review of Super 8 Dalton

Super 8 Dalton
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you are in Dalton, the Rodeway Inn on Market Street is a safe bet for overnight stay. The more expensive ($`100) hotels are right on top of I-75 and you will hear the noise all night long. It is about the only motel near the I-75 exit where you can get a room for $50. You are far enough from the interstate not to hear that noise. This motel has been ownedby other chains. Now it is the local Rodeway. Rooms are perfectly adequate, Do yourself a favor and do not get a room on the front side. It is directly behind the Kentucky Fried Chicken and you will hear the drive through speaker all night. Ask for the inner courtyard where the pool is located. The no smoking room was really no smoking. Sinks, shower, microwave and fridge all worked. Only complaint is that the clerk did not read or honor my initial for a courtyard room until I insisted. As usual, they just do what is easier for themselves and the maids. I insist on the few things I ask for and don't feel the least bit guilty. Most of the outlet stores on Market Street have closed. Van Heusen and Bass shoes are gone btw.

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor room on courtyard near pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Dalton

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Went to the Knife show in the area and my wife and I where very pleased to find that the hotel had a Safe box to store my knives at. We enjoyed our free hot breakfast and are comfortable night stay. We had to request extra towels the desk clerk was very accommodating to our needs.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Wanted to save am little on the hotel, but wished we would have spent more and got a good clean hotel. They did not have extra pillows and the ones the have are so flat that when I went to get food I also stopped and bought us a couple of pillows. If we was not so tired and needed a hotel to have our cat with us we would have moved on. Smelled musty so I had to spray everything. Didn't even use the shower it was dirty. Will not ever stay here again, will spend the extra at another Choice that is nicer.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jcwaterville
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have traveled to no less than 35 contries and 40 states and NEVER had such a poor hotel experience. I checked into this hotel. The FIRST room's floor was covered in mud and foot prints. I told "Brenda" at the main desk. She gave no apology and gave me a SECOND room. When I opened the door, the floor was covered in razor sharp metal shavings (from drilling the door lock I guess). Back to Brenda, again no apology and a THIRD room. Third room was reasonably clean but after moving in luggage, I noticed the room safe was locked (the main reason I had chosen this hotel). My son calls Brenda at front desk and she says she will send a maintenance guy to open it shortly.After about 20 min. l walk to lobby and Brenda then tells me "Oh, he won't be here until tomorrow!". I then begin to chew her out. She replies "Oh, you did not say you needed the safe to work?". Still no apology! She then even threatens to call police on ME! Eventually I get refund and after the hour long ordeal. Brenda says under her breath "Sorry you were not satisfied". I have stayed ALL OVER THE WORLD and never had such problems and encountered such rude staff. DO NOT PATRONIZE regardless how cheap the room rate might be! If you want cheap, just sleep in the dumpster out back...Same quality and even cheaper!

Room Tip: The Hampton Inn nearby is very nice and clean with great staff. Slightly more expensive but worth it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank William F
Reviewed 29 March 2013

driving from michigan to florida. price was right. rooms ok - clean - actually more than I expected! Lots of road noise - and trains! Breakfast was VERY basic - but adequate if you just wanted something to eat and run. Nothing fantastic. Parking is not very good for the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank traveler201047
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Traveling through and in need of dinner and a good night's rest! The Rodeway Inn was available and we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and the room clean and comfortable. There is an Outback Steakhouse within a short walking distance. Good morning breakfast, with waffles and sausage gravy and biscuits. WiFi was good also.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room toward the back and it was quiet. The heater also was quiet unlike some...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Was close to 75 and we were to get a ground floor with king bed. It was cheap $39.99 plus tax. Bed was good. But room could have been better. Table was taped with black tape to hold on the peeling veneer. Breakfast should be passed up. Use the money you saved to stop somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family