“REALLY BAD”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
The Villages, Florida
“REALLY BAD”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Check in took us over 20 minutes....very old place with little attention to maintenance. King room was so crowded, we could barely move around. The area for hanging clothes was falling off the wall, not allowing any area for storage on the shelf above it. The bed's headboard was screwed into the wall, but the screws were loose, so the one side was lopsided. Some areas of parking (ours) weren't the easiest to navigate as fencing was all around the motel.
The air conditioner took HOURS to cool us off....Breakfast was a joke, small coffee cups....overall, this place was a BIG disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CAROL523

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Paris, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were very disappointed with our stay at the Rodeway Inn. The air conditioner in our room didn't work and it was so hot and humid in our room. Very difficult to sleep. It was very noisy all night long, including 2 men fighting right outside our door at 3 a.m. When we went down for breakfast in the morning the floor was so sticky that our shoes stuck to it. The hotel wasn't expensive, but it was not what we expected for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica W

Travellers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Traveling with my faentire family I set up four rooms at this hotel in advance. I set the rooms up with Choice Hotels, I jumped on this deal because it was indeed a great price and being a member I felt that Choice would offer quality not found at other hotels. Boy was I wrong. This hotel doesn't train it's staff nor does it clean up messes on the property. Lucky I had printed my confirmation sheet from choice, where they stated on the sheet that they would charge me right away and no refunds whats-so-ever. The Lady at the from desk, Had never seen such a form , even though our rooms were reserved. So finally we get our keys, shortly afterwards I have some lady claiming to be the Fiancial Officer at my door yelling at me how I needed to come back downstairs and pay for the stay. SHe claimed to have called Choice Hotels and claimed that they knew nothing about it. I told her that I would as soon as I called Choice to confirm that this was true, I called, and they couldn't believe this. The first person contected both the hotel and myself by conference call to Memeber Services, who I listen to for ten minutes explaining the rules and how the sytem workes. Finally it was solved.
Realizing what kind of place this was I began to really look at it.I found trash in the halls, the room itself was clean, then I found grogery carts, what looked like a battery charger easily reachable by some child, and even doors slammed in. would I stay here agai, not on a bet , not with my family.. this place is a demonstation of bad mnanagement, one that doesn't train their people and simply doesn't care about anything other than being boss. They discredit Choice Hotels and I would of expected better out of Choice. But now I realize why I have to find another hotel club to join that actually has standards for their members but for the product they represent. I guess it's really my fault you get what you pay for. The final straw was my daughters room. She had to use the bolt and chair to secure the door. Look at it in the photos folks, Looks like a drug deal went down and they forgot to fix the door. You saw light through the opening it was so bad.
I travel some and stay at a wide variety of places but never had it gone to this low of a state. Simply do not stay there at all, there are better places all around.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Citydude47
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you are in Dalton, the Rodeway Inn on Market Street is a safe bet for overnight stay. The more expensive ($`100) hotels are right on top of I-75 and you will hear the noise all night long. It is about the only motel near the I-75 exit where you can get a room for $50. You are far enough from the interstate not to hear that noise. This motel has been ownedby other chains. Now it is the local Rodeway. Rooms are perfectly adequate, Do yourself a favor and do not get a room on the front side. It is directly behind the Kentucky Fried Chicken and you will hear the drive through speaker all night. Ask for the inner courtyard where the pool is located. The no smoking room was really no smoking. Sinks, shower, microwave and fridge all worked. Only complaint is that the clerk did not read or honor my initial for a courtyard room until I insisted. As usual, they just do what is easier for themselves and the maids. I insist on the few things I ask for and don't feel the least bit guilty. Most of the outlet stores on Market Street have closed. Van Heusen and Bass shoes are gone btw.

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor room on courtyard near pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Went to the Knife show in the area and my wife and I where very pleased to find that the hotel had a Safe box to store my knives at. We enjoyed our free hot breakfast and are comfortable night stay. We had to request extra towels the desk clerk was very accommodating to our needs.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Waterville, OH
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Wanted to save am little on the hotel, but wished we would have spent more and got a good clean hotel. They did not have extra pillows and the ones the have are so flat that when I went to get food I also stopped and bought us a couple of pillows. If we was not so tired and needed a hotel to have our cat with us we would have moved on. Smelled musty so I had to spray everything. Didn't even use the shower it was dirty. Will not ever stay here again, will spend the extra at another Choice that is nicer.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jcwaterville
Toney
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have traveled to no less than 35 contries and 40 states and NEVER had such a poor hotel experience. I checked into this hotel. The FIRST room's floor was covered in mud and foot prints. I told "Brenda" at the main desk. She gave no apology and gave me a SECOND room. When I opened the door, the floor was covered in razor sharp metal shavings (from drilling the door lock I guess). Back to Brenda, again no apology and a THIRD room. Third room was reasonably clean but after moving in luggage, I noticed the room safe was locked (the main reason I had chosen this hotel). My son calls Brenda at front desk and she says she will send a maintenance guy to open it shortly.After about 20 min. l walk to lobby and Brenda then tells me "Oh, he won't be here until tomorrow!". I then begin to chew her out. She replies "Oh, you did not say you needed the safe to work?". Still no apology! She then even threatens to call police on ME! Eventually I get refund and after the hour long ordeal. Brenda says under her breath "Sorry you were not satisfied". I have stayed ALL OVER THE WORLD and never had such problems and encountered such rude staff. DO NOT PATRONIZE regardless how cheap the room rate might be! If you want cheap, just sleep in the dumpster out back...Same quality and even cheaper!

Room Tip: The Hampton Inn nearby is very nice and clean with great staff. Slightly more expensive but worth it...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business