“Reservation not honored”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Silver Springs, Florida
“Reservation not honored”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is nice and the staff is friendly, but beware when making a reservation because the room that you reserved may not be the room you will get. Guaranteed and confirmed means absolutely nothing if the previous guest decides to extend their stay, you are out of luck. I had been staying at this hotel regularly, but the last time, I was informed that the room that I reserved was not available because the gentleman who occupied the room the prior night, decided to extend his stay. Instead of moving the person who DID NOT have a reservation to another available room, their policy is to inconvenience the guest who had a reservation two weeks in advance. Needless to say that I will not return to a hotel that doesn't honor a guaranteed reservation.

To add insult to injury, I was charged full price for a below average room which I believe is possibly the worse room at that property (small room, windows didn't open, ragged towels, etc)

The staff was friendly and apologetic while the manager told me with an attitude that if it was me, I wouldn't want to move to another room. I replied to her that it happened to me before at another hotel (Candlewood Suites @ Augusta, GA) and since I DID NOT have a reservation when I decided to extend my stay, I gladly moved to the next available room as I understood and appreciated that their policy is to honor a confirmed and guaranteed reservation.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you reserve, you'll get whatever room they have available when y...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Perfect location for a days drive from Tampa, Florida on I-75. Exceptionally clean place. Will stay here every trip. Have stayed here in the past and also then, no problems. Pet friendly. Good breakfast also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Suches, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed another visit at this location for 2 days, with our 2 small/med size dogs. We were on the first floor of a corridor that was closed off with double doors to keep the dogs on our side of the hotel, very convenient to the door to the dog walk area outside. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, without odors, or carpet stains.There was no additional charge for the dogs. I would recommend that you ask for a room away from the Interstate because the traffic noise at night is clearly heard. There is an excellent breakfast available, and the grounds are very well maintained. Front Desk Staff very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm already making plans to stay at this location on our return trip. Traveling with a dog sometimes makes for a difficult overnight stay. The location of this hotel is perfect! This location provides a wonderful area for walking your dog on hotel grounds or adjacent to it. Very nice and peaceful area. So glad we found this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed a night and would absolutely stay again. The building was clean and updated. The staff were friendly and efficient. I brought my large dog (70+lbs) with no issue. Staff does a great job keeping the building pet friendly without it looking or smelling pet friendly. Traffic noise didn't bother me but I like white noise when I sleep. A/C fan drowned it out anyway.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank AR6789
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very friendly staff. Lobby and eating area is very nicely decorated. Nice hot breakfast. They offer snacks, soda, microwave dinners, and ice cream for sale. The only problem I had was the carpet smelled. I do realize that they allow pets. But, that carpet really needed to be cleaned. I was offered a different room. Husband was already sound asleep. She offered me a spray for the carpet. It made it a lot better. Other than the carpet smell, everything else was wonderful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were delighted with this hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We travel with a little dog and they even greeted her which is really appreciated by dog lovers. We are thrilled that La Quinta accepts pets which makes our snowbird journeys a lot less stressful. We have just joined their Returns Club because they take pets and we will definitely base our route on La Quinta locations as we journey north and south. The next night on our journey was at another La Quinta in Toledo and it was also a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family