“A little dated but clean, roomy, nice”
Review of Courtyard Dalton

Courtyard Dalton
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Georgia
“A little dated but clean, roomy, nice”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This is a little dated flash back to the early 90's but was clean, and our suite had two huge rooms, one was the living room with large balcony, wet bar, tv; the other was the bedroom with a king size bed, pull out sofa, chair, tv, and bath room with counter outside with a counter top that you could lay on it was so huge...indoor pool was nice, workout facility nice, breakfast was not free but reasonable priced and good...good location, safe feeling, and great price, friendly staff, would stay again

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Bubbie2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Everything was new and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank BunnyDee19
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2011

My room had a very worn chair( with some torn upholstery) and very old decor. However it was B+ clean: the bathroom, shower, and sink were hair and stain free. There werestains on the bedskirt and a pillow (looked like food and a mascara stain that didn't come out-nothing too gross.) The room had a peculiar smell and so did the heater, but they weren't really unpleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful and you can print color docs using the business center computer. That was a life-saver for me during my viist. I have stayed here twice now, and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for business reasons. The hotel is located in a great, safe area near other hotels and Dalton State College (pretty close to I-75). The hotel is right next door to the new Holiday Inn-- which really towers over the Courtyard.

I got a great rate on the hotel and check in was pleasant (Betty) so I felt like I found a "jewel" of a hotel in Dalton. My room was just so-so ... definitely 1980's feel... needs to be updated. The shower curtain was REALLY long and dragged several inches on the floor (gross!) and was way too long to put in the shower with me.

They put me in room 271-- which is right next to the elevator and ice machine. If you get assigned this room you want to swap! The rooms are PAPER thin. I heard every conversation in the room next to me, every time someone got ice, every time someone road the elevator and every shower taken above me. Around 1:30 am I called to complain and ask if they had a noise machine or anything that could drown out the sound. The rudest operator answered and was not helpful or apologetic. I can generally sleep through ANYTHING .

Breakfast is not free in the morning and they did not have any newspapers out. Dalton is a small town with few hotels-- but I think that the Holiday Inn would be a better option. I'll keep you posted as I'll be in Dalton again in a few weeks.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank JustCallmeTourGuide
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We always use the Courtyard when family is in town. Always clean and a great staff really makes their stay great. Wouldn't think of putting them anywhere else in town.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RobinLee45
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We travel between family in Michigan and Florida about 1-3 times a year, always stopping and staying in places out of convenience. From now on, we will always be staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Dalton, Ga. The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating. Even going so far as to personally check our room hours after departing because we left behind a cell phone Bluetooth headset device and shipping it to us.....saving us about $75 in replacing it with a new one. The hotel itself, rooms and all accomodations were clean, updated and very comfortable. The morning buffet breakfast was plentiful and very very good. The waitress we had both times (I regret not getting her name) was so nice and friendly to my family......and she gets extra praise for leaving a coffee carafe on our table!!! Our 2 and 3 year old boys just loved her!!
All in all, we had a wonderful experience, so much so that whenever we travel from now on, we will be staying at Courtyard Marriotts.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank AliCat11873
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Hotel is nice enough, but could use some updating. Staff was accommodating. Whirlpool in room didn't work, but they gave us a credit for that. Smoke alarm went off five times in the morning-everyone just ignored it. Not sure if that happens a lot, but staff didn't seem concerned about it. Rooms are very large and with the high ceilings that others mentioned. Would stay here again, but wouldn't pay the extra for a whirlpool room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple