“Missing maintenance detail”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Mount Dora, Florida
“Missing maintenance detail”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Super tech modern with spacious rooms (rm 137) king executive. A/c loud and musty smell (guessing condensate drain clogged), mold at ceiling over shower size of pie pan from leak above (fix and paint before renting room should have been the solution). Bed very comfortable and clean. We had end room, quiet until people starting closing doors at 6 am. Would skip next trip and try the Holiday Inn two doors down.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank granitegraphics
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear granitegraphics,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted that you found our rooms spacious and our beds comfortable. However, I apologize for any inconvenience that the air conditioning and bathroom shower may have caused. I have noted your comments including that of the noise levels you have experienced. Rest assured that these will be used to consider upgrades where needed.

I hope you give us another chance to host you again and provide you with a better stay.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We called the morning of our stay to request we have adjoining rooms as we were travelling with my 74 year old mother. They said that shouldn't be a problem. We received a call around 3:30 to let us know that they were not able to provide us with adjoining rooms, but instead had our rooms directly across the hall, which was just as good. What we didn't know was there was some type of baseball tournament in town and some type of race going on as well. So they must have done some significant juggling to get us so close. There are two H.I.'s near each other... we were at the older HI Express (not the suites).

Upon arrival, the room was a bit musty and smelly, but after the air ran for a little bit, that was no longer an issue. The room was plenty big, and appeared to be clean. There was a small couch that I mistakenly thought was a pull-out (would have been great if it were) and two full size beds (according to the fact my feet dangled at times throughout the night). The beds were simply NOT comfortable and the pillows were in really bad shape. I didn't sleep well that night.

However, the breakfast was pretty darn good for a hotel breakfast! Eggs, sausage, pancakes, biscuits, gravy, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, cereals, fresh fruit, etc. Can't complain at all compared to other hotels I've stayed at where I was hesitant to even take a banana! This was great, and all six of us ate well, saving us a lunch stop!

If you are needing an overnight stay in Dalton, I recommend this hotel. I've not stayed in others in the Dalton area, so I can't compare it with them. But, I can say, short of sleeping like a rock, I was not too disappointed in this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank C S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here for a weekend to meet friends and have dinner. The desk agents were great. The room was nice but is beginning to show a little wear and tear on couch.

The bed however was uncomfortable, maybe it was just me because it looked comfy enough. There is a Holiday Inn Suites in the same parking lot and I would probably try them the next time.just because my bed was uncomfortable.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Dalton as I passed through the area on the way home. The help was very friendly, the rooms were nice, and the price was great! I would stay here in the the future!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Check in was pleasant and efficient. They ran out of fresh cookies and told me that they would not be baking anymore. My daughter was disappointed. The 2 double bed room is average size. There are no queen size beds in the hotel. A double bed is just too small for two average-size adults. You could choose a king bed with a pull-out couch but who wants to sleep on a pull-out on vacation. The bathroom was nicely done but, from what one of the workers told me, there were several bathrooms including mine that the toilet paper holder had been broken off and not replaced.
Breakfast was average Holiday Inn Express, except for the eggs(?). I am not sure if they were actually watery, tasteless, scrambled eggs or watery reconstituted powdered egg substitute. Either way, they were horrible. We filled up on everything else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear jfulk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and check-in process pleasant and efficient. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience our beds and breakfast egg menu may have caused you. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Came to Dalton for a class and had a wonderful night at the Holiday Inn Express. From check in to check out the staff was great. The breakfast was awesome. Will definitely stay here again if I find myself in Dalton.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Have stayed here twice in the past month for short business activities. I Stay in a lot of hotels and this one has a very pleasant staff. Hotel appears to be new and all entrances are on interior hallways. Only two stories so no long elevator rides or hikes up stairs. Breakfast area is spacious and has a recessed room as well. Food is the same the world over for a HI Express (good or bad is yours to decide). Chilis restaurant is at far side of joint parking lot. Can stumble home if necessary. Will stay there in future if I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business