“Amazing Weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kingsland, Georgia, United States
“Amazing Weekend”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

What an amazing place. Great people, great food. The show from Girls on Trapeze over at the Marsh Studio was just so awesome.
The Blue Heron Room was beyond our expectations. With the soft and luxurious King size bed. Jetted tube to wash away any stresses that you brought with you. Breathe taking views over the marsh. Do you remember the days when you were a kid and you could actually see the stars in the dark night, well at the Blue Heron Inn that’s what you get standing on the deck at night and all you see is the stars.
Breakfast of champions cooked by Bill in the morning. Wonderful, beautiful, amazing yard to walk around and see the plants and trees or just watch the birds and look for the little crabs all around. Sit out on the dock and enjoy the evening. Tree swing to float in the air watching the wind blow across the marsh. If you look close enough you can see boats going to and from Sapelo Island. Just minutes from fresh Georgia caught shrimp and crabs at many of the nearby restaurants.
A must visit and stay for a while Bed and Breakfast

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Jasper
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Blue Heron Inn was a beautiful welcoming place to stay. You could not ask for more gracious hosts than Jan and Bill. Our room,as most did,had it's own private balcony were you could sit outside and view the waterway marsh. The Breakfasts were gourmet and a delicious start to your day! The beds were very comfortable;soft linens and pillows for a good night's rest. Their pets are precious too. We really loved staying here and I hope we get to go back soon. I would most definitely recommend The Blue Heron Inn.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked to be very nice depending on how large you wanted. We had the Shell Seekers...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had an wonderful stay at the Blue Herron Inn. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and it was such a great experience. Bill and Jan were great host. The breakfast was very tasty. It was such a nice and relaxing place, so quiet and I really enjoyed just sitting on the swing and enjoying the great view and watching the birds. I really enjoyed looking at all the great flower and fruit plants all around the house.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Adel, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had an excellent stay at the inn. The bed/pillows were so comfy & we slept great. The in keepers were very friendly & inviting. We would love to stay at this property again if we are in the area. Thanks!

Christian & Lisa

Room Tip: Shell Seeker had a nice layout, comfy bed & reading material.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nokomis, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at the Blue Heron many times. I don't know how, but each time they seem to improve, when it is difficult to find anything that would need improvement. I travel with my schnauzer Chloe, and we are both always welcomed in the warmest manner. I have stayed in different rooms and they're always utter perfection. Both Jan and Bill are more than the perfect hosts. They have even introduced me to their neighbors who are just as lovely. Their afternoon refreshments and their breakfasts are scrumptious!!! Staying at the Blue Heron is an experience you will not forget. Florence Wildner.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We fortunately found the blue heron on accident. We were just lookin for a place to spend the night but found much more. I love nature birds water and stars and I got them all here. My 12 year old son and I loved kyaking on the marsh and the gentleman that led our way was very nice and provided us with useful info about the place and area. Bill and Jan were very friendly and welcoming. Bill must have heard me say I love birds and right before we left he took us into their private kithen in hopes of me getting a glimpse of the indigo hunting. We missed it but I hope there's a next time. My mom has went on and on all week about how delicious the breakfast was. Loved the entire experience. Would have slept outside had there been a bed. But the bed inside was comfy too.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed two nights at the Blue Heron Inn, which provides very nice and quiet lodgings in a lovely, serene place. The inn's owners (Bill and Jan) are great hosts. Highly recommended!
To see more of this coastal area, take the Sapelo Island tour, which leaves from a landing near the inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Comfort Inn Darien
#1 of 3 in Darien
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 5 in Darien

Been to Blue Heron Inn? Share your experiences!