“Wonderful Food!!”

Skipper's Fish Camp
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went to Skippers for dinner with about 25 people. I was amazed at how quickly they had us seated and served. My mother and I both ordered appetizers and a side salad and had more than enough food. The fried oysters were perfect and mother's crab cake was one of the best she has ever had. All the folks sitting around us were pleased with their meals, too. We are definitly putting this on our lists of favorite restaurants in this area!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have started to make Darien a stop and for sure hit Skippers when we travel through GA. It is by far one of the best fish restaurants I know of. Even the house salad is very good. I had the crispy flounder which is one of their specialties. My husband is a shrimp connoisseur and he says theirs is the BEST! The home made desserts are wonderful as well.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

When we travel on the east coast, we used to always plan to stop at the Buccaneer, but no more! Skippers has it all! Clearly the best fried shrimp, as well as the accompaniments - cheese grits and coleslaw. Service by Sam was quick and efficient, with a dose of humor and a great smile. Next trip it will be a shrimp / scallop split, with a crab cake appetizer. Can't wait!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We chose Skipper's Fish Camp because of the reviews and because of the menu. We looked at another seafood restaurant in Darien, but chose this one due to the variety of menu items. The food was fabulous and I am ready to eat there again (three days later). We ate a bunch of appetizers rather than trying to limit ourselves to one or two entrees. We had Collards and Q, onion rings, the crab cake, fried gator, crab soup, and fried shrimp. It was all excellent and portions were generous. The collards were tender not mushy, the q not fatty, the crab cake had very little filler, the fried shrimp was sweet and tasty. The food arrived on the table swiftly and the service was some of the best we've enjoyed. If I lived any where near Darien, I would go back in a heart beat. If you're driving by, stop and eat. It's be worth your while - I promise.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Easy ride up from St. Simons and worth the trip. They are known for their flounder - scallops and oysters also cooked to perfection. Casual but nice atmosphere - family friendly. It's a must stop for us when traveling to the Georgia Coast. Easy stop off of interstate or up 17.