“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Sauble Beach, Canada
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here on January 2, 2014 on our way to Florida. It took over 20 minutes to get checked in as the front desk staff seemed very overwhelmed as there were 3 people waiting to get checked in. After we looked at the room we should have left but the beds looked clean and it was late so we decided to stay. I don't think this room had had the carpet cleaned for some time. The hall way smelled musty and the walls were dirty with ripped wall paper in many places. This place is in serious need of a total renovation. The breakfast was OK.
After we were settled in Florida I checked my Visa bill on line and found that I had been charged twice for the room. I called the motel and was advised by a lady (who I could barely understand) that I should not worry about it and that I should see a credit adjustment back to my account within a couple of days. After a week with nothing showing up I called back to the motel. This time I was told that I would need to call back the following Monday and speak to the Manager. I called back January 27 and spoke to the manager who admitted that an error had been made but that he "could not refund the extra charge since the motel had been sold and he could not issue the refund on my verbal instructions???. After much arguing I called my Visa Card company and they issued the refund and charged it back to the motel. I finally received my refund on February 1st (a month later). Too late I read the other ratings on this motel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
Super 8 Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick
Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Property: Econo Lodge
Address: 13028 Ga Highway 251, I-95 Exit 49, Darien, GA 31305-3643 (Formerly Darien Inn I-95 Outlet Mall)
Region: United States > Georgia > Georgia Coast > Darien
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge 2*
Situated in the entertainment district, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of the International Decor Outlet/Darien Outlet Center and Darien-McIntosh Visitor Information Center. Old Jail Museum and Waterfront Park are also within 3 mi (5 km). This smoke-free hotel features an outdoor pool, coffee/tea in a common area, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Free continental breakfast is provided, as well as free WiFi in public areas, free self parking, and a free manager's reception. Additionally, laundry facilities, a 24-hour front desk, and a computer station are onsite. All rooms are soundproofed and offer free WiFi and free local calls. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include refrigerators, microwaves, and LED TVs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Choice Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Darien