“Good choice”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Holiday, United States
“Good choice”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I'm always glad when we want to stop for the night and there is a Hampton in the area. The rooms are always clean and the beds are fresh and comfortable. I like the consistency with all the Hamptons, just wish there were a lot more of them!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Thomson, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were only there overnight as we came into town for a funeral the following day. We were 100% satisfied with our accomodations. The room was very clean and comfortable, the personnel on duty were very helpful with all questions and recommendations. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and eager to assist you. I would definitely stay here again if ever in the area and needed a motel. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Warrenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The desk staff here was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi had a good connection and was very reliable. Hotel is located right off I-95 and near shopping and dining options. During my check in process a woman walked in and said she had stayed in the hotel "a month or so ago" and had left a personal item in the room. I was amazed when the front desk associate walked away and returned 30 seconds later with her property in hand! Needless to say she left a very happy customer. The only negative was when one of the staff walked into my room without knocking. After informing the front desk they apologized again and again, told me that the staff member was going to an unoccupied room and had made a mistake. He immediately offered to comp the room. I declined the comp as I felt that they had handled it in a very professional manner and were genuinely concerned. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Darien. It was a pleasant stay, with a nice room. Hampton seems to have poor TV channel choices, unless you enjoy shopping. Also, they seem to have a problem making orange juice, as it is always watery. This Inn was no exception, but I would like to comment that the lady watching over the kitchen at breakfast was a real joy! Unfortunately, the evening person could use some training, as she was a bit abrupt. She also announced that there would be fresh cookies at 730. We returned from dinner a little before 8, and they were long gone. The cookies are a little perk that separates Hampton from the others, and it wouldn't hurt to make another batch when asked. This is what is called "customer service", which is what keeps travelers coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Trying to drive home to Florida but baby was tired and so was dad. We always try to find a Hampton because the comfort of bed and the level of customer service can't be beat. This Hampton did not disappoint!! The night clerk was very friendly and helpful! Thx Again :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The family was driving to Florida for vacation. This location happened to be about where we were done for the day. I booked because I frequently use Hampton Inns. The lobby was refreshed, the staff was kind, but when we got to our room, it was definitely not worth it. Don't know if it was just ours, but it was musty. Once the AC was turned on, a little of the stuffiness went away, but the odor was there. It was late, we were tired, so we toughed it out, but I won't be going back there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Peter F
hampton i, General Manager at Hampton Inn Darien-I-95, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced at our property. The information you've given us is currently being looked into to be resolved.

Thank you again and we hope that you'll consider staying with us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Darien hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Checked in at 3am, the bed was comfy Room was great. Breakfast was..........well it was free, the waffle batter was watery and the waffles came out watery and bland. The orange juice was beyond watered down. I love Hampton Inns but I cringe at the eggs they serve for breakfast and I was reminded why

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Comfort Inn Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
Courtyard Brunswick
Courtyard Brunswick
#3 of 36 in Brunswick

Been to Hampton Inn Darien-I-95? Share your experiences!