“Comfortable & Clean, nice staff, good value”

Hampton Inn Darien-I-95
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Reviewed 9 November 2013

After hours of driving, we appreciated friendly staff, clean, quiet room/comfy beds & large flat screen TV, and great value at just under $100 sr. rate. Leisurely hot breakfast/real eggs & bacon + decent coffee saved us time the nxt. morning. Breakfast room beautiful and stylish. Would stop again, but usually have our dog with us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel rates big in my book- the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms are important to me. Everything was so perfect and the breakfast was delicious. I can't think of anything else you could want.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I'm always glad when we want to stop for the night and there is a Hampton in the area. The rooms are always clean and the beds are fresh and comfortable. I like the consistency with all the Hamptons, just wish there were a lot more of them!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were only there overnight as we came into town for a funeral the following day. We were 100% satisfied with our accomodations. The room was very clean and comfortable, the personnel on duty were very helpful with all questions and recommendations. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and eager to assist you. I would definitely stay here again if ever in the area and needed a motel. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The desk staff here was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi had a good connection and was very reliable. Hotel is located right off I-95 and near shopping and dining options. During my check in process a woman walked in and said she had stayed in the hotel "a month or so ago" and had left a personal item in the room. I was amazed when the front desk associate walked away and returned 30 seconds later with her property in hand! Needless to say she left a very happy customer. The only negative was when one of the staff walked into my room without knocking. After informing the front desk they apologized again and again, told me that the staff member was going to an unoccupied room and had made a mistake. He immediately offered to comp the room. I declined the comp as I felt that they had handled it in a very professional manner and were genuinely concerned. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Darien. It was a pleasant stay, with a nice room. Hampton seems to have poor TV channel choices, unless you enjoy shopping. Also, they seem to have a problem making orange juice, as it is always watery. This Inn was no exception, but I would like to comment that the lady watching over the kitchen at breakfast was a real joy! Unfortunately, the evening person could use some training, as she was a bit abrupt. She also announced that there would be fresh cookies at 730. We returned from dinner a little before 8, and they were long gone. The cookies are a little perk that separates Hampton from the others, and it wouldn't hurt to make another batch when asked. This is what is called "customer service", which is what keeps travelers coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Trying to drive home to Florida but baby was tired and so was dad. We always try to find a Hampton because the comfort of bed and the level of customer service can't be beat. This Hampton did not disappoint!! The night clerk was very friendly and helpful! Thx Again :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
Comfort Suites Brunswick
Comfort Suites Brunswick
#10 of 36 in Brunswick

Been to Hampton Inn Darien-I-95? Share your experiences!