“Disappointed in Dawson”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawson
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We needed a roadside hotel for one night and picked this one due to generally good reviews. The room was clean. The bed and pillows were lumpy. The breakfast was non existent at 7:30am with two sorry looking Orange pastries and regular coffee. No bread, no cereal, no fruit. The wrost I have seen. I waited at the desk for 5 minutes to checkout but never saw anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Dutchman413

Reviewed 30 August 2011

This hotel is in a nice part of town. It is very nice and suited our needs fine. We drove all day and pulled in here as we had made advance reservations. We ordered Pizza and Staff brought it up for us from pizza hut and delivered to the pool for dinner. The place seemed very family friendly.
Pros
-Nice location, close to highway, area seems nice
-Hotel was clean and upscale. Very inviting
-Room was fine. We had a king suite with a pullout for the kids. Very clean, no problems with anything.
-Great pool. Kids enjoyed it after a long travel day.
i Recommend to My friend adn Family to stay Here at this Place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We come to Dawson often,my husband was born and raised here. We always stay at the Econo. Once when we stayed our fridge did not work,went down to lobby and told the staff,and we ran to the store and by the time we came back we had a new fridge that worked. We love the staff,they are like family. We can not wait to come back"home" to stay at the econo.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawsonpeach
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stopped at the Econo Lodge on the way to the Gator Bowl. It looks decent on the outside, but the room we we assigned looked terrible. If it hadn't been 1:00 AM and my husband hadn't been almost asleep, I would have asked for a refund. On a positive note, the bathroom was pretty clean. I didn't look too closely at the beds because I really didn't want to know. We checked out at 8:00 AM. There were 3 danishes left on the breakfast bar and nobody at the front desk!

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank PerryPie
Reviewed 17 November 2010

stayed here for a funeral yes it is ran my families as all of the hotels i the area is the towels were dingy had to exhange themout for better lookingones the a.c. blows very cold the room was clean toliet was clean bathroom was very clean friendly ppl. remote to t.v. did not work but hubby went and got one from the front desk th8e only complaint is the towels had a one night good stay

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JayRina2009
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This hotel is ran by family of 3 to 4 people, rooms are cleaned by the same family. The room smelled as well as the lobby area, the toilet was disgustingly unclean. What really got to me is when I called down to the lobby around 2PM to asked if I could bring down the towels that we used for exchange for clean ones, the younger woman answer the lobby telephone with a "Hello" as if she was at home, I said: Excuss me is this the front desk? she respond with a irritated tone saying "can I help you" as if I was taking her away from her cooking dinner. I asked the same lady if I could bring down the towels to exchange them, she then got really irritated an said in a loud tone that I have to bring the towels down there if I want cleans ones, I told her thats what I had just asked if I could bring them down. I will never stay there again and would suggest to anyone else to drive the extra 15 mins to Alaby GA to a clearer and professional atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sunshinne83
Reviewed 24 October 2009

we stayed here at econo lodge dawson,ga with my family the hotel is wonderful and staff very pleasant helpful i would recommend. And nice clean rooms

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank yppyj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawson
Red Roof Inn & Suites Albany
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany
Baymont Inn & Suites Albany at Albany Mall
Quality Inn Americus
Quality Inn Americus
#3 of 7 in Americus
Wingate by Wyndham Albany

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!