“14 Day Stay Business Trip”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dawson
Tallahassee, Florida
“14 Day Stay Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

14 day busisness trip and we needed a pet friendly hotel and found Country Hearth & Inn. We found the staff very friendly, the room was clean and it was a very quiet hotel even on the weekend. The staff made us feel right at home and took care of any needs right away. We would stay there again, for we were very pleased with our stay. Not a fancy hotel, but a clean quiet and safe place to stay.

Keith & Nancy

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Melbourne Florida, Long Island NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stopping through Georgia, we needed a pet friendly hotel and came across Country Hearth & Inn. We were only staying one night so we took a chance. Thank God the room was clean, but stranger than strange. The bed was so low to the floor as well as the chairs at the table, that when we sat down to have a snack we simultaneously burst out laughing. The towels were few and thinner than thin. The sheets were really ridiculous, complete with two cigarette burns! Really, as a non smoker in a non smoking room, I don't even know what to can say other than, throw them out! If not put them in the smoking rooms for goodness sake! I saw no specified area to walk the dog. The TV did work and they did have a microwave and fridge in the room, but lacked any character. I really can't understand why hotels etc, insist on putting carpet in their rooms, really, who knows how many smelly feet have crossed those rugs. They should try tile with throw rugs that can be laundered or easily replaced.
If you have no other choice... I guess you'll survive, we did.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Glo3

Travellers are raving about these Dawson hotels

Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

We're annual visitors to Dawson with family in the area and we have a pet. The hotel's under new management with a big improvement. During our stay, room accommodations were just fine. No
problems at sign in and the hotel staff was eager to deal with any issues during our stay . . . we had none. The location for us was perfect. Stays at other locations in Dawson in the past, not so good. This is the number one hotel location we recommend when staying in Dawson. Till next yr.

bill w.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Brooklyn, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel due to its close proximity to my second home. Checking in wasn't bad; the woman who checked us in was pleasant. The room was clean. However, the next morning, while I was away, an employee of the hotel just up and walked into the room without knocking or anything announcing his presence. Thank God he saw my wife and apologized. When I was told of this incident I immediately spoke with the front desk clerk, who didn't seem to understand what I was saying and didn't offer an apology or any kind of compensation.

The grounds are clean, as well as the room. However, the customer service, especially with the incident with the employee walking in unannounced makes me not want to stay there unless there is no other option.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank EsdaPup
Quitman, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I travel a great deal with my job. This hotel is under new management and my experience during my two weeks stay in Dawson Ga was most comfortable. The new management staff was very helpful and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel to my family and coworkers.

Room Tip: Rooms are large and spacious
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We choose this hotel because it was pet friendly and close to the family we were visiting. It took us an hour to check in becuase they lost our conformation page from Expedia. The attendant told me I could either pay for another room or call Expedia myself and have them to fax our information. Why in the world would I want to pay for two rooms? Pretty much it was my problem that they lost our conformation and I would have to fix it if I didn't want to pay for another room. After being transfered four times with individuals who could not speak english our information was finally sent. I just don't understand how you expect to work in the US and not speak english!! I don't live here to learn 10 different languages just so I can try to understand what you are talking about. When we finally got in our room it smelled terrible. The towels and sheets looked and smelled dirty. I ended up putting a t-shirt over my pillow just so I could try to go to sleep. I would also suggest to iron your clothes prior to staying here. If you are going to iron them right before you wear them expect them to be soaking wet beause the iron leaks while ironing. I would rather drive to Albany to stay in a hotel that is at least clean and you don't have to worry if something is going to crawl on you during the middle of the night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Pennie-TN
Decatur, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Choose this hotel due to being pet friendly. I understand that the hotel was older, but wasn't cleaned properly. You could smell the bathroom as soon as you opened the door to the room. Mold in the bathroom. The hand towels at the sink were wet and dirty. We had three people in the room, with only two sets of towels. When we ask to get another set, we were given one towel and were told thats all they had the others had been picked up; but not returned yet. When we turned back the covers on the bed, there was hair in one bed and the blanket had spots all over it. I don't know what we would have done if we had not had family close by that we could have borrowed sheets and towels from.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Izzy-AL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawson
Quality Inn
Quality Inn Americus
#3 of 6 in Americus
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany at Albany Mall
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!