“Needs some TLC. - August 3, 2013 - 1 night”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
georgia
“Needs some TLC. - August 3, 2013 - 1 night”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had 2 rooms booked for August 3 for 1 nights. We checked in about 3:30 or 4 that afternoon. I had requested that our rooms be near one another. The clerk that checked us in was very friendly and was even able to see where we had requested rooms together. However, she said she was not sure why, but they had one room upstairs and one downstairs. She was not able to move us which was ok, this happens. We dropped our luggage off and didn't return to the hotel until later that night. When I went to turn down the comforter on the bed, I noticed stains all over the sheets. I went to the front desk and was given more sheets and another blanket to put on the bed. I noticed when I put the new sheets on the bed that they still had a few small stains and where pretty ragged. It was late, so I just kept them and didn't go back to the front desk. I travel frequently and I have to say, this has never happened at another hotel before. I do have to give kudos to the staff who were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
We appreciate your review and whole-heartedly agree with you about our staff! They are exceptional, and we're glad to hear that they served you well.

We are very sorry to hear about the problem with your linens. We have updated them since your stay because there were simply too many issues. We are confident that you will find them much improved the next time you stay with us.

Again, thank you for the review and your understanding about the room placement. We try to accomodate guests as much as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Shelby Harris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I try and find economical hotels that are clean and comfortable whenever I visit family in Georgia. This has become my favorite. Nothing fancy, but it is clean and the price is right. The staff was friendly. There are many places to eat in the immediate area.For those that enjoy outlet shopping, there is a large outlet directly across the highway.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have troubles going up stairs, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 316Mark
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thanks very much for the great review! We're glad to hear when we've done well, and we hope you feel like family when you're with us.

Great room tip, too. We would love to install an elevator, but it just isn't possible.

We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Nobody expects a Comfort Inn to be a five-star hotel, so my ratings are based on the class of hotel it is. I stayed there before taking my electric car to the track (Atlanta Motorsports Park, about 15mi away), and I needed to charge overnight to have the maximum range at the track. They were very helpful in letting me charge, and when all the parking spaces near outlets were full the lady at the front desk told me to drive onto the grass so I could charge at another outlet. Not everyone got the memo though, as another employee asked why I was doing that, but it was straightened out.

The room had plenty of space, free wifi, and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: If you can't get up the stairs, make sure you get a room on the 1st floor as there is no elevato...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for the review! We are glad you had an enjoyable stay.

Our overnight front desk staff didn't realize what was happening with your car and was concerned to see a vehicle backing up to the rear entrance during the early morning hours! It isn't often that we have electric cars at the hotel, but we do try to be accommodating.

Even if the lot is full again next time you're here, we'll find a way to get you charged up!

eatonton ga
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Had a nice stay in a comfortable room! The front desk assisted always with a smile! The only drawback is that there are 2 floors and no elevator! I will definitely ask for a room on the 1st floor next time!!Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor if you don't want to haul luggage up the stairs!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank youbutt
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for the great review! Our staff loves to hear when we've done a good job.

And you are correct about the 2nd floor. If you'll request a 1st floor room during your reservation, we'll do everything we can to make sure it happens.

At the very least our front desk staff is always willing to help carry luggage up and down the stairs!

Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2013

John & Kathy were helpful. These room were not cheap even with AAA rates. Decent place to stay. They are pet friendly. Slight issue with keys & phone but readily fixed by management. Shared hotel with construction crews. Breakfast not exceptional I would stick with cereal or coffee & a bagel. This Inn is close to Amicalola falls which is a must do & see.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Valerie D
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you, Valerie, for the review. It seems that you found our hotel merely adequate, and we want to be exceptional, so we certainly appreciate your feedback.

You aren't the only recent guest who found our breakfast mediocre, and we're working on some improvements, so hopefully it'll be delicious when you come back!

We are very glad to hear that our staff was helpful. We like to think of our guests not as customers, but as friends. We hope you feel right at home and comfortable here.

We look forward to serving you again! See you soon.

Andrews, NC
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The rooms are not clean and the desk workers are usually found outside smoking.
The bathtub, whirlpool type, was so nasty I would not even bathe in it.
The motel is conveniently located just off GA 400 near the outlet mall and convenient to downtown Dawsonville. However, there are better, cleaner motels just down the road. This one is really below standard.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela C
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
June 9, 2013

Please accept my personal apology for the condition of the bathtub in your room. I inspected it myself after reading this review, and you are correct that it was unacceptable. It has since been cleaned correctly, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

I know first impressions are powerful, but your room was an exception. It was truly below our standards.

I have spoken with our housekeeping staff about this particular style of bathtub, so that this will not be an issue again.

Also, as a manager, I try to accommodate both our guests and our staff, so I allow them generous "smoke breaks." However, we have discussed it and reiterated that our first priority is always the guest.

We all hope that when you come back this way, you'll give us another try, because we believe we are the best hotel in the area, regardless of price. We take pride in ourselves, our work, and our hotel. When we fail, we like to make it right.

Johnson City,TN
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We were in the area & picked this hotel because of of the location and it was listed as a Choice Privileges location to build my points. I am also AAA so I was looking for the best deal. I had also researched my choice with TripAdvisor & ChoicePrivileges web. I needed something close to Amicalola Falls area. The location of this property is good. Around 20-25 miles from Amicalola Falls. There is also a Tanger Outlets across the street. Restaurants are near by for a lunch or evening meal. Not much for breakfast. This is an average place to stay. There was a few issues.
Shower stall & bath tub did not look clean and sanitary to take a bath-Just took shower. The inroom refrigerator ran all nite long with loud noises coming from it all nite long. Paperthin walls with no insulation. Could hear noise from other rooms all nite long. Could hear doors slamming and could hear conversations thru walls. No elevator. Not good when you are carring lugage from bottom floor to second. All rooms are inside entrance. Makes long haul when carring everthing upstairs including cooler. Breakfast was terrible. They only had one waffle machine & it was not matienced properly. No spray for the waffle iron so everyones waffles were sticking. The eggs were terrible. I have had egg powdered eggs at other hotels that were at least edible. These were not edible. There were round things that did not even taste like an egg. The breakfast at this hotel needs to be updated. These room were not cheap even with AAA rates & being a Choice privleges member. I stayed here because trying to build up my choice privileges points. And as one of the previous reviews stated, if you do not need the inroom safe, you need to tell them this when you check in. It is hidden cost that will be added to your Choice Priliges price quote. Your reservation does not include that cost. It is not much, but it is the principle of a hidden amount. Also, you are paying more for a cont. breakfast included in your stay. Someplaces that is a good deal. As for this one, not so much. There was not much other choices to stay in Dawsonville. This one is ok. I do not know if I would stay here again if in area. May look at another nearby city.

Room Tip: if you have alot to carry up-ask for 1st floor room. Tell them when you check in if you do not need...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apology. We are very sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations.

Choice Privileges and AAA members routinely get some of the best discounts we offer, but that night specifically we were near capacity, which caused rates to rise, although you did receive 10% off the rate for that evening.

Our front desk staff are always willing to help guests with their luggage, especially to the 2nd floor. We know it can be difficult carrying heavy items up and down our stairs. Please just mention it and we'll gladly help.

Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their work, so we were surprised to hear that the shower in your room was less than clean. Our front desk staff on duty would have been happy to clean it, if they had known it wasn’t right.

Usually our breakfast is a highlight of our guests’ experience, so we take your comments to heart. On our busy days, you are absolutely correct that we could use a second waffle maker! They are very popular, with guests often standing in line for one (or two). We agree with you that the egg patties are fairly bland, but we haven’t found a better brand, yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. With over seven different kinds of hot and cold cereal, five flavors of yogurt and fruit cups, three types of fresh fruit, and 6 different bakery items, we hope our guests will find something that they will enjoy every time they visit with us.

As for the noise that night, as I mentioned earlier we were at capacity, so the hotel was completely full. Combined with being a Friday night, it isn’t too surprising that you were able to hear other guests. After speaking with our overnight staff for that day, they said it was a reasonably quiet night with no complaints from any guests about noise issues. Please feel free to contact our front desk with any problems, because often we just don’t know about them until a guest alerts us.

Sorry for such a long reply, but we felt like you deserved answers. While we can’t go back and fix your previous stay, we certainly hope that you’ll give us another chance.

Shelby Harris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 5 in Cumming
Hampton Inn Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
#2 of 13 in Gainesville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!