“Great food, wonderful hosts & clean”

Racers Retreat Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawsonville
Racers Retreat Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Dawsonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at Racers Retreat last Saturday night. The B&B is new and the rooms are incredibly clean. The bathroom was spacious and had dual shower heads. The room is tastefully decorated and has both interior and exterior entrances. The B&B is close to Amicalola Falls, outlet shopping and the new race track. This is a great getaway just outside Atlanta and we highly recommend it. Great room, delicious breakfast, friendly owners....good times!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My Husband planned a weekend away at the Racers Retreat! Which is so conveniently situated right across the street From the Atlanta Motorsports Park. We could not have been closer to the action! The Retreat is run by a lovely couple, they were personable, helpful and even had a wonderful bonfire in the evenings to keep us entertained and warm on a cool Georgia mountain night. We had lots of fun and great conversations.

The room itself is nice, TV and WiFi to keep in touch and wind down after a long day at the races. A wonderful walk in shower and plenty of places to lay out your stuff. The decorating was lovely and really felt like a cozy place to stay.

They had a hearty breakfast ready for us each morning and the home cooking was excellent, I had more than I could eat both days!

I can not say enough wonderful things, I hope to head back there again sometime!

Room Tip: Personally next time I would pick the King Room only because it was not available when we stayed and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I spent 2 nights at Racer's Retreat and really enjoyed it. The rates are quite reasonable, especially considering the custom breakfast Alise prepared for me each morning and the refreshments she offers every afternoon. The inn is perfect for anyone visiting the Atlanta Motorsports Park; easy walking distance if you don't want to move your car. Rooms each have a private outside entrance, so it's easy to run back if you forgot something or want a quick shower and change. My room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the TV & Wifi kept me connected. Richard and Alise were perfect hosts, friendly and cordial, made me feel right at home!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith W
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We just spent 3 days/nights at Racer's Retreat and simply loved it! After joining the Atlanta Motorsports Park club, we were anxiously looking forward to the opening of this new bed and breakfast, and it far exceeded our expectations. The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable and the location is just perfect. My husband could spend the day driving the AMP track, then walk over to our room to clean up and relax while I spent the day sightseeing. Our hosts were very freindly and accomodating. We spent each afternoon enjoying cold beverages and a homemade snack, prepared by our hostess, Alise, and shooting the breeze with Richard about the day's events. Alise has a true love of cooking and spoiled us with wonderful treats every afternoon and gourmet breakfasts each morning. The inn is tucked into a small cove of trees, which provided a wonderfully cool and peaceful setting. While enjoying my coffee on the patio each morning, I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet forest setting and birds chirping. You won't experience anything like this in a standard hotel.
Richard and Alise have developed a truly wonderful retreat, the perfect place to stay while enjoying the AMP track and local attractions. We'll definitely plan to stay at Racer's Retreat whenever we visit from Tennessee!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan37149
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Just spent three fabulous nights at RR B&B. It's brand new so it was a last minute decision. We pulled up to the AMP entrance and saw this jewel tucked in the trees just across the street. What a find. It was perfect.....Richard and Alise are so accommodating. It is impeccably clean, quiet and decorated with attention to detail. You won't find grandma's leftovers here. Each room has its own bathroom and air conditioner so we were able to control our room temperature. The food is above and beyond delicious and the afternoon snack.....homemade and delicious!!! Located just minutes from shopping, restaurants and outdoor activity. We will definitely be returning....I hope sooner than later....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jctiffcat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#4 of 4 in Dawsonville
Super 8 Dawsonville
Super 8 Dawsonville
#3 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Racers Retreat Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!