“afforable, good amenities, working wifi, freindly, working computer &printer”

Super 8 Dawsonville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Very friendly people, business office with working computer and laser printer. Pool for the children. Affordable rates, continental breakfast, WIFI worked all the time. Next time I go to Dawsonville I will go back.

Room Tip: I always stay on ground floor, for easy access.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 February 2011

We picked this hotel for an overnight stay as we did not want to travel too far after arriving at Altanta Airport after a transatlantic flight from the UK. The journey took about an hour and a half. We wanted a good clean budget type Motel as we were up early and away the next morning. Cost was £30 for the room which included breakfast. A bargain.

On arrival the check-in lady was really nice, informative and very helpful telling us where we could get meals etc nearby. (Few in walking distance too).

The room was oversized, had a fridge and microwave oven and a huge bathroom. Although basic, was clean and comfortable and keeping in mind the price paid was excellent value for money.

I also used the indoor swimming pool. (ideal for kids)

Breakfast was the usual cereals, juices, toasts, eggs, make your own waffles, buns etc. More than enough to set you up for the journey. Again, basic but really clean room and tidy breakfast supplies area. The hotel assistant made herself known and told us to ask her if there were things needing replacing (eg more coffee).

There are Shopping Outlets nearby about 1/2 mile which was great for a walk around on arrival.

They also had a computer for guests use (free) in the lobby/sitting area opposite the check-in desk.

I would certainly use this hotel again for an overnight stay if I was in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Will never stay here again. The hotel seemed cleaned but did not seem to be safe. It was in a dark location and did not have any security. We were awoken during night with several drunken men and women yelling and arguing in the hall and rooms carrying beer into the rooms. This went on for 2 to 3 hours. No one would ever address the problem. Needless to say, did not get any sleep. Would never recommend to anyone unless you want to spend and wild and drunken weekend away from home. This is not for family or women on shopping trip to outlet mall.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Room was clean. We asked for a non smoking room but it was next door to a smoking room so there was the odor of cigarette smoke creeping into our room. The "deluxe" breakfast was anything BUT "deluxe"! A v er y poor selection of pakaged stale donuts and the same old sweet cereals. There were no cups for juice or coffee. There was no iron or ironing board in the room. The towels were rough like sandpaper. We will not stay there again. There was a broken treadmill sitting in the lobby area. The wi-fi was not working, the "business center" was a cheap desk in the middle of the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradley28803
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We last stayed here about 2 years ago but had decided to no longer stay there as the rooms just weren't clean and nice enough. When looking for a hotel room recently, I decided to read the reviews and was surprised to read how pleased folks are with the hotel. I booked a room and we, too, were quite pleased. The Hilton it is not; but it is updated and quite clean. The personnel have always been most pleasant and very willing to help in any way. Cons: the room spay was too strong; the bed is ok, and there was no decaf coffee either in the room or at the breakfast. Only upon leaving did I learn that it is at the front desk and has to be asked for. That being said, I would still recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My daughters and I stayed for one night. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and even gave us a little discount. But... I feel so bad for letting my kids stay here. The hallway was dark and smelled of smoke. The room was semi clean, food particles on the floor, fridge smelled and my daughters pillow smelled. No iron, not many channels on tv and the bolted windows had me worried, if there were ever a fire. We went down to swim and there was scum in the jacuzzi and pool. So bad that you could see footprints in the shallow part. My 4 year old who is a "fish" wanted to get out after less than 30 minutes. Don't trust the pics you see online! I hope that management will make changes to make this hotel cleaner. It's just sad because Dawsonville is such a lovely locale.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2010

The hotel itself was very nice. It had a nice indoor jacuzzi and a pool (although the water was too cold and tasted like ocean water). The rooms were nice and quiet. Overall, I enjoyed my stay. There were a few issues you should know about, however. There was a smashed mosquito on the wall near our window. That was forgivable. Also, I paid for a smoke-free room. The room had a smell of smoke that had been covered up by some type of spray, although it wasn't doing a good job. There was even an ash tray in the room. I could deal with that. The main problem was the night clerk. I did not catch his name. He was an Indian man with a deep accent. It was very difficult to understand what he was saying. Again, that is forgivable. The problem I had with him is his unwillingness to help. First, I was unable to connect to the wi-fi network in the motel. I called the desk and he refused to do anything. He said the computer in the lobby was working fine so it must be my computer. The computer in the lobby was not connected wirelessly. Next, I went to the lobby to ask him for extra towels and a pillow. He told me he would get them for me, but never did. I waited 20 minutes while he talked to his Indian friends that came in. I finally got tired of waiting and went back to my room. My girlfriend called him again and asked him to bring them up. He told her I would have to come to the lobby to get them. She told him I already did that and he wouldn't do anything. Because of this man, the stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. I never got my wi-fi to work there, although it worked everywhere else I went. We never got our towels or extra pillow either. I would return to this hotel, unless he was there. If he were the clerk on duty, I would turn around and walk out.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
#3 of 13 in Gainesville
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Dawsonville? Share your experiences!