“Smoky, dirty, not a bargain.”

Super 8 Dawsonville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Smoky, dirty, not a bargain.”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

There certainly have to be better deals nearby. We stayed for two nights. I didn't mind that there was no elevator and we had to carry our luggage upstairs. We didn't mind the rooms - average in size and amenities. The staff at the front desk was very polite and checked us in with no hassle. But, from the moment I walked into the lobby, I couldn't believe how smoky it smelled. The hallways were no better. Our room was a non-smoking room, but even so, it must have absorbed smoke from elsewhere in the building, because even after we came home our clothes and our kids blankets smelled like cigarette smoke.

Lots of other points are kind of expected for a low-end motel—thin towels, dirt in the cracks and crevices, etc. But I was surprised at the price ($50 plus taxes & fees) and the lack of bang for your buck.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
super8dawsonville, Webmaster at Super 8 Dawsonville, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Super8 Dawsonville!

Thanks for your stay with us and the review.

We are seriously investigating your remark regarding the smoke issue and shall definitely take appropriate actions.

Glad to note that the staff at the front desk offered you a polite service.

We shall take your review to improve our hospitality and amenities overall and please do visit us next time and we shall be happy to offer you a fine stay.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

this was a nice place to stay, nothing fancy but u get ur moneys worth. The indoor pool and hot tub were very nice. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was very accomidating. We decided to stay an extra night and they gave us a discounted rate and let us keep our old room. The location is also good. Its close to many stores and restaurants. The only downside to the hotel is the walls are kind of thin and the breakfast bar didn't have many choices and ended at 9:30 (i was on vacation and wanted to sleep late) but overall it was a good stay for a good price.

• Stayed September 2011
Pulaski, Virginia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We were in Georgia for our son's wedding, and the staff at Super 8 Dawsonville were extremely helpful, efficient, and polite. The room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the price couldn't be beat! The pool could be updated, but served its purpose. We will definitely stay again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor - there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert M
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This hotels photos must have been taken when it first got renovated because now its dirty and disgusting. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a train we were afraid to use it. the walls had marks all over and the bathroom floor was terrible. pool area was not very clean either. I would never stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed 15 June 2011

i visited dawsonville georgia from may 25th to june 2nd for my nephews graduation, we stayed at this hotel, i must say that it was an awesome stay, the hotel is immaculate an the staff went above and beyond to make our stay a plwasant one, the owner was present all the time an took time to see if we were comfortable, i recommend this hotel to everyone when they are in dawsonville. shout out to all the staff of super 8

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I travel extensively and like to know I have a place to stay at the end of the day when I am near Dawsonville ,Georgia. Actually,for the most part,my reservations/plans can change from day to day.

B.P. Patel has gone so far as to call me to ask if I will be needing my room on several occasions when I had forgotten to call him because of my hectic schedule.

B.P. ,Kathey,Monisha and the entire staff at the Super 8 in Dawsonville have been very accomodating,meeting all of my needs during my stays and I have come to consider them all friends

It eases ones mind to know that a personal friendship awaits you at the end of a hard drive and that you always have a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Haluska76
Carpentersville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Very friendly people, business office with working computer and laser printer. Pool for the children. Affordable rates, continental breakfast, WIFI worked all the time. Next time I go to Dawsonville I will go back.

Room Tip: I always stay on ground floor, for easy access.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Dawsonville? Share your experiences!