“Super 8 is now on my A list of $$ Motels/Hotels”

Super 8 Dawsonville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Midland
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The staff was very friendly, and the location was wonderful. Close to the outlets, and to Dahlonega- our ultimate destination. The bathroom was kind of dirty, floor in bad shape. The bed covers had cigarette burns in them. The air conditioning unit didn't work very well. The rate was reasonable, I guess you get what you pay for in this case. The outside door didn't lock properly, so anyone could get in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Savannah
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I made the reservation in September for a trip to north Georgia in October to see family and do some hiking nearby. The location was good, close to travel to nearby attractions, Helen, etc..and we had our dog with us, so it's always a challenge to find somewhere that will accommodate pets. The only issue we had was that I was over charged for our room. I received a confirmation for 2 nights, but noticed on my credit card statement we were charged for four nights. I have never stayed at a place that charges you in full before we even arrived! It was a hassle to explain what had happened, and to receive our refund. Eventually, we were given a refund for the additional nights charged.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 20 October 2013

NEVER, EVER stay at this hotel! I would rather sleep in my car. This hotel was the only place available in the area so I booked it. I thought how BAD could it be? I am not picky, the room just needs to be clean. The lobby should have been my first clue. It was dirty and poorly maintained. When we walked into our room I was horrified to see how disgustingly dirty it was. I instructed my children to not remove their socks as the carpet looked like it has not seen a vacuum in weeks. I used a damp towel and clean dirt off the walls, bathroom counter, furniture, etc. We left to see the area sights and the whole time I was wondering how late we could stay away so as to minimize the exposure to the filth. Finally, I told the hubby that I just could not do it, and that we must pack up and drive on to our next destination that night. He agreed so we left, having already paid as I know they would not return our money. I swear, if the hubby had said "no", I would have slept in the car with the kids.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joelyn j
super8dawsonville, Webmaster at Super 8 Dawsonville, responded to this review, 31 December 2013

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Dawsonville for your recent stay in our area.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Dawsonville. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I wish I could say something good about this property but I can't think of what it would be.

- disinfectant smell in room over what might have been pet or smoking odor (non smoking room)
- plaster pealing in the bathroom
- what looked like black mold around the toilet lid (I am not an expert.)
- hand written receipt for stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NPSQuality

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Dawsonville for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the odor of pet or Smoke you reported smelling in the non-smoking area and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the bathroom and the toilet in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Saint George
Reviewed 18 October 2013

not clean,,,,, look at trash on the ground when I got there it stayed at the same place from wed until I left typical all over trash on floor in room it was there when I left

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Edgar P

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
#5 of 13 in Gainesville

Been to Super 8 Dawsonville? Share your experiences!