“Excellent, Wonderful, & Pleasant place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Dawsonville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Super 8 Dawsonville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Dalton, Ga.
“Excellent, Wonderful, & Pleasant place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

This is the Perfect Hotel and for the Price to stay if you are needing a place to stay for one night or for many of nights when traveling!! We picked this hotel bc we were traveling with our boat and going to Lake Lanier Islands...which isn't far at all from this hotel, which we put our boat in at Charleston Park (Great Place)!! We arrived as late arrivals and the guy that checked us in was Wonderful, Nice, & Friendly! We stayed for 3 nights and every night was Great!! During the nights the hotel was really quite...no kids running or screaming, which was really great for us bc we had a 6 month old baby with us that needed the peace and quite so she could rest. The Hotel was Really Clean and the Breakfast was Excellent!!! The only bad things I would say about the hotel and they really aren't bad just not on the plus side is: the swimming pool/hot tub was Very Cold!!! And there is No Elevator!!! But we worked around those things....bc we only went to the pool area once so our 10 yoa son could swim and about the elevator when we checked in we just requested a floor ground room. We Will Be Returning to this hotel to stay whenever we take our boat back to Lake Lanier!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

I have stayed at this hotel before and again the staff was very accomodating. They gave me a senior discount and gave me the first floor room I asked for that I stayed in last time. My grandkids came to the hotel and enjoyed the indoor pool and the room was exceptionally clean just like the first time. My husband and I travel more often now since he retired and we come to Dawsonville to see our grandkids, and I will stay at the Super 8 every time. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2008

I was thrilled with the price and convenience to the outlets and dining in the area. We spent most of our day at North Point Mall (located within 30 miles), then drove back and had a great time. Terrific price. Maybe they read some of the past reviews and cleaned up the place a little. Not dirty anymore.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — nothing at all
Stayed March 2008
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2008

This motel was terrible. We got there and could not enter the lobby. There was a little window where you paid and got your key and you had to walk around the building to enter at a side entrance. There was some food arrangement hanging over the door to the lobby and looked to consist of a dried lemon and chili peppers. Lord only knows what that was all about. Oh, and in the lobby we could see an old van seat that served as guest seating. Obviously, at this point we would have cancelled our reservation on the spot, but it was non-refundable and we figured we could tough it out for a night. There were lots of questionable characters in and out of the hotel at all hours of the night. The blanket had a big black long hair on it and was full of holes. The sheets had a few holes as well. The surfaces of the room were not wiped down. Fingerprints and drink stains were everywhere. I think I have said enough. DO NOT STAY HERE! Do not believe HOTELS.COM when the Super 8 is all that pulls up in the search results. There are other reputable chains around. Try Cumming, GA if all else fails. It is only about 10 miles from Dawsonville. I have banned Super 8 chains as a rule and anyone seeing this location would too. The chain obviously has no standards.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cheapness
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
ashptl61, owner at Super 8 Dawsonville, responded to this review, 28 April 2008
I do appreciate your comments. Its helps us to improve our facilities and services. I am personaly sorry for your unhappy stay with us .Since you stayed our hotel, we have major renovation done and also have new management in place. I would like to request you to stay with us and give us a opportunity to get new experience. Please email me about your next stay i will book it at discounted rate to just make your new experiance.
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2007

We booked this room because it was close to the shopping outlets and because of its price. We learned upon opening the door why the price was so cheap! It smelled awful. The carpet was so disgusting and nasty. We were pulling back the sheets to check the beds and there were stains all over the mattresses and one mattress was actually ripped on the side all the way down and the whole inside of the mattress was exposed. It was disgusting. The room refrigerator did not work and was dirty. We would have left and gone somewhere else if it wasn't already late. Only gave it 1 star because that was the lowest rating. Needs major updating. Will never stay at a Super 8 again!!

• Liked — proximity to shopping outlets
  • Disliked — the cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2007

I was told I was given a "discounted rate" of $89.95 - higher than the room is supposed to be. There were stains on the sheets and towels - some appeared to be blood...and the room wreaked of smoke even after requesting a non-smoking room. I had to leave in the middle of the night...it was so nasty. I didn't feel safe with my 2 year old wanting to touch everything. I was offered no consolation, refund, etc. Absolutely disgusting...needed a good shower after leaving.

Stayed October 2007
bipin61, Manager at Super 8 Dawsonville, responded to this review, 29 March 2010
Dear JChampagne, I sincerely apologize for both the experience you had at here at our hotel. Have a very clean room and friendly service is not just a "perk", but rather a requirement. Since your stay in 2007 we have completed a renovation of the property, and our staff takes customer service training on a regular basis to avoid such problems now and in the future. If you are ever coming to the Dawsonville, GA area again I ask that you please give us another chance to change the impression you received. Please contact me directly and I will be glad to assure that your next experience at the Super 8 in Dawsonville, GA is a positive one.

Bipin Patel
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2006

I booked a 3 night stay here in one of their jacuzzi rooms. The first night that we got there we checked in and after the trip I thought I would get in the jacuzzi and after about 30 minutes they knocked on the door and told me I would have to shut the jacuzzi off cause it was to noisy and the people in the next room were trying to sleep. No one told me that you can't get in the jacuzzi after 10 because it bothered the people next door why put it in the room thats not on the end then. Also the next day they never came into clean nor leave clean towels. It was an awful place to stay for the money they charged.

• Liked — The Fire Mountain resaurant across the road
  • Disliked — most everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay there
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tnmeemaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Gainesville
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Super 8 Dawsonville? Share your experiences!