“pretty good”

Super 8 Dawsonville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Well, it was a good stay. Waaaaaaaaay better than the Super 8 in Dahlonega, I call it the Negative 8. Rooms were real clean and service was real good. A few thangs i would change is for ppl not to smoke in a non-smokin room. wish the operator coulda spoke better english. Hot tub and pool were nice. Good price for a nice hotel. Purdy good for two good ol country ppl.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2009

Our family found this hotel to be quiet and restful. Household staff were friendly and helpful. Front desk very accommendating and worked with us on an extended stay.

Breakfast bar included cereals, donuts, muffins, waffles, juices and coffee which were fresh daily. Although we seldom made it out of our rooms before 10 am.

The beds and pillows were comfortable. The rooms had microwaves, small frig and couch.

The only thing I found a little distasteful was the jacuzzi rim was a little dirty and it had too much foam once it was turned on. The indoor pool was too cold for us to get into so we didn't use that. And the smoke smell was a little over powering at times in the halls and I am not so sure the room we requested as "non smoking" was for it smelled of smoke.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2009

This was a very nice hotel with friendly staff. Great breakfast. HIgh speed internet in all rooms. Has an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The staff always remembers me and is more than willing to help out in any way. The hotel is quiet and located near many resturants and shopping areas (outlets nearby). Good for families or business travelers. I have stayed here often and will be back and stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2009

This is the Perfect Hotel and for the Price to stay if you are needing a place to stay for one night or for many of nights when traveling!! We picked this hotel bc we were traveling with our boat and going to Lake Lanier Islands...which isn't far at all from this hotel, which we put our boat in at Charleston Park (Great Place)!! We arrived as late arrivals and the guy that checked us in was Wonderful, Nice, & Friendly! We stayed for 3 nights and every night was Great!! During the nights the hotel was really quite...no kids running or screaming, which was really great for us bc we had a 6 month old baby with us that needed the peace and quite so she could rest. The Hotel was Really Clean and the Breakfast was Excellent!!! The only bad things I would say about the hotel and they really aren't bad just not on the plus side is: the swimming pool/hot tub was Very Cold!!! And there is No Elevator!!! But we worked around those things....bc we only went to the pool area once so our 10 yoa son could swim and about the elevator when we checked in we just requested a floor ground room. We Will Be Returning to this hotel to stay whenever we take our boat back to Lake Lanier!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I have stayed at this hotel before and again the staff was very accomodating. They gave me a senior discount and gave me the first floor room I asked for that I stayed in last time. My grandkids came to the hotel and enjoyed the indoor pool and the room was exceptionally clean just like the first time. My husband and I travel more often now since he retired and we come to Dawsonville to see our grandkids, and I will stay at the Super 8 every time. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2008

I was thrilled with the price and convenience to the outlets and dining in the area. We spent most of our day at North Point Mall (located within 30 miles), then drove back and had a great time. Terrific price. Maybe they read some of the past reviews and cleaned up the place a little. Not dirty anymore.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 5 January 2008

This motel was terrible. We got there and could not enter the lobby. There was a little window where you paid and got your key and you had to walk around the building to enter at a side entrance. There was some food arrangement hanging over the door to the lobby and looked to consist of a dried lemon and chili peppers. Lord only knows what that was all about. Oh, and in the lobby we could see an old van seat that served as guest seating. Obviously, at this point we would have cancelled our reservation on the spot, but it was non-refundable and we figured we could tough it out for a night. There were lots of questionable characters in and out of the hotel at all hours of the night. The blanket had a big black long hair on it and was full of holes. The sheets had a few holes as well. The surfaces of the room were not wiped down. Fingerprints and drink stains were everywhere. I think I have said enough. DO NOT STAY HERE! Do not believe HOTELS.COM when the Super 8 is all that pulls up in the search results. There are other reputable chains around. Try Cumming, GA if all else fails. It is only about 10 miles from Dawsonville. I have banned Super 8 chains as a rule and anyone seeing this location would too. The chain obviously has no standards.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ashptl61, owner at Super 8 Dawsonville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2008

I do appreciate your comments. Its helps us to improve our facilities and services. I am personaly sorry for your unhappy stay with us .Since you stayed our hotel, we have major renovation done and also have new management in place. I would like to request you to stay with us and give us a opportunity to get new experience. Please email me about your next stay i will book it at discounted rate to just make your new experiance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
#3 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to Super 8 Dawsonville? Share your experiences!