Amicalola Falls Lodge
US$117
US$84
US$84
US$78
Quality Inn & Suites(Dawsonville)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
US$127
US$122
The Smith House(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$130
Travelocity
Motel Inn(Dahlonega)
US$91
US$80
US$144
US$132
Park Place Hotel(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$125
Days Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
US$133
US$122
HIExpress.com
All reviewsstate parkgift shopbeautiful viewloft roombuffet stylemaple restaurantappalachian trailminute driverestaurant stafffire pitthe barnwatching the sunsetzip lineback porchrooms facemain floortrout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Rooms are outdated! Hotel is POORLY managed. As a matter of fact I NEVER saw a manager. They keep the hotel like a SAUNA! No simple way to get a cold drink or cup of coffee! Plumbing in room sink did not work well. Staff is very nice. The views are amazing, but we will not be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank Andreagriffith3980
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I just completed a 3 night stay at the lodge and loved it! I had concerns prior to arrival about some of the things I read online. In our experience, they were unfounded. The room, lobby, restaurant, etc., were all very clean. Yes it has a little age to it, but the lodge, itself, was neat and clean. The staff could not have been friendlier.

We loved spending time in the lobby just enjoying the view. If you enjoy photography, like I do, it's an amazing place. I took some of my favorite photos during this visit. The waterfalls are something else!

The food at the restaurant was very good. It did, however, take longer than it should have to arrive at our table. It did not bother us, because we were there to get away for a few days and relax. We were in no hurry. This is a problem that does need addressing, though.

I think when you stay here, you have to understand where you are. This is not a 5 star hotel. It's a lodge in the woods and you have to plan accordingly. There is no food (other than the restaurant), gas, or other amenities close by, but that's o.k. We knew this going in.

Overall, we were very pleased with Amicalola Falls Lodge. A return trip is definitely in the plans!

Steve W.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I bought this experience on groupon...I usually pick very nice spots for quick getaways, but I missed on this one!!! The location is nice, but it is quite a trek from Atlanta, so get ready. Upon getting checked in the staff was nice and the lobby looked nice as well. Once we got to the room our experience started to go down hill. The rooms are very outdated and everything needs to be renovated. My initial response to the room was disappointment! As I sprayed Lysol all over the room I found strands of hair on the bed, luckily I bought some linen to ace over the bed. Pillows very flat, bathroom light really dim during the day...the room just didn't look as clean as it could have been. The best part of the room was the view, it was gorgeous. Went to the restaurant for dinner, the buffet was a joke...the food was not replenished well after a big group and it was over priced for what they were giving you. We decided to order burgers from the menu. It took 45 min for us to get the burgers, the manager did take care of our bill bc of the long wait and offered us dessert. The cakes were super dry, glad we did not have to pay. Got back to the room to try to think on the bright side to only wake up the next morning with no hot water. I'm done and over it!!! I want a refund at this point. Please do more research before coming here and font be sold be the pictures.

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank NMSing
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This lodge property really had potential but was so dirty and rundown. The walls were filthy, the shower curtain was moldy, The bathroom floor was disgusting, the carpeting throughout the property was dirty, the stairs and carpets, the furniture in the rooms looks liked it was from the 70's and has not been cleaned since. There were pieces of candy on the floor and straw that even after the cleaning crew came in were still there. The lamp shades were dirty. There was NOTHING clean in the place. Walking into the restaurant there was water leaking from the ceiling and you could not use the main entrance to the restaurant, coffee cups dirty, and the serving units were covered in dust.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Sharie W
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Amicalola Falls Lodge is state-operated. It's part of the Amicalola Falls State Park. The lodge itself is 4 stories. Except for a restaurant and gift shop, there are no on-site amenities (no pool, game room, bar). The meals at the restaurant are okay. They had a dinner buffet and a breakfast buffet that were okay, but nothing to write home about. You can also order off the menu. We had a room on the top floor. There are no balconies in any of the rooms and no smoking in the lodge. The Lodge is at the top of the Amicalola Falls, and the 425 step stairway alongside the tumbling waterfalls makes it a worthwhile experience to be there. There is also a path leading to the starting point of the Appalachian Trail in the Georgia area. The state park has picnic tables and small trails. This is a good lodge to stay at if you like the outdoors.

Room Tip: All rooms have a beautiful western view of the Blue Ridge mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cws_design
Cynthia S, General Manager at Amicalola Falls Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for visiting and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. We also offer many special events and wonderful on-site naturalist programs that you may enjoy on your next visit.