I've stayed at lodges in other state parks in several states, and this has to be one of the nicest ones I've seen. Beautiful setting in an absolute gem of a scenic park, and the lodge is in really good condition. The rooms are quiet and comfortable (if not exactly loaded with amenities), and there's a good view from most windows onto very nice woods. There are also loads of hiking trails around it, ranging from an easy 1/4 mile walk on blacktop all the way up to the beginning of the Appalachian Trail itself. You also get a terrific breakfast in the dining room included with your room payment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the North Georgia Mountains is Amicalola Falls State Park home of Amicalola Falls Lodge. Named after the Cherokee word for “tumbling waters” Amicalola Falls is one of the most popular state parks in Georgia. The park’s namesake is the 729-foot falls: the highest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi River. The park is also the start of the 8-mile approach trail to Springer Mountain, the southern end of the 2,150-mile Appalachian Trail. The Lodge was built in 1990 by the State of Georgia, with 56 guestrooms in the main lodge and 14 cabins along with a gift shop, meeting space and a mountain view restaurant. The lodge rooms vary from standard hotel rooms with 2 double beds, loft suites that can sleep 6, to king bed suites with private balconies. The Lodge also is home to The Maple Restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The Lodge rests on 829 acres with on-site activities that include stream or pond fishing, as well as more than twelve miles of hiking trails, several centering on viewing the spectacular 729-foot waterfall. Amicalola Falls Lodge features more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space that can host groups and social events consisting of up to 150 people in traditional meeting spaces as well as a unique outdoor veranda setting. The Lodge’s spectacular view, peaceful setting, and exceptional service make it a destination not to be missed while in the North Georgia Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Amicalola Falls Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amicalola Falls State Park Hotel Dawsonville
- Amicalola Falls State Park And Lodge