We took off for a quick overnight trip and when we called there was one room left! The views were gorgeous! We waited til day 2 to walk down the 604 steps to the bottom of the falls but it was worth it. Be aware there is no bathroom at the bottom so you have to walk on a bit further 1/2 mile or so to the visitor center to use the facilities.
The room was comfortable but not as up to date as the exterior and common areas of the hotel. The prime rib buffet was nice and $19.99 a person. The tables near the windows did get a bit warm when the sun was going down. Definitely a nice place to stop off for a day or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the North Georgia Mountains is Amicalola Falls State Park home of Amicalola Falls Lodge. Named after the Cherokee word for “tumbling waters” Amicalola Falls is one of the most popular state parks in Georgia. The park’s namesake is the 729-foot falls: the highest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi River. The park is also the start of the 8-mile approach trail to Springer Mountain, the southern end of the 2,150-mile Appalachian Trail. The Lodge was built in 1990 by the State of Georgia, with 56 guestrooms in the main lodge and 14 cabins along with a gift shop, meeting space and a mountain view restaurant. The lodge rooms vary from standard hotel rooms with 2 double beds, loft suites that can sleep 6, to king bed suites with private balconies. The Lodge also is home to The Maple Restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The Lodge rests on 829 acres with on-site activities that include stream or pond fishing, as well as more than twelve miles of hiking trails, several centering on viewing the spectacular 729-foot waterfall. Amicalola Falls Lodge features more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space that can host groups and social events consisting of up to 150 people in traditional meeting spaces as well as a unique outdoor veranda setting. The Lodge’s spectacular view, peaceful setting, and exceptional service make it a destination not to be missed while in the North Georgia Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amicalola Falls Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amicalola Falls State Park Hotel Dawsonville
- Amicalola Falls State Park And Lodge