“Good Chinese out in the country”

Chin Chin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 73 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Chinese
north geogia
“Good Chinese out in the country”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice upscale post modern decor directly across hwy. 4000 from the outlet mall. We went on Sunday for a late lunch & happened to catch the Early Bird dinner special which runs from 3-6 p.m... Server was very attentive & polite. Owner/mgr. was on hand to make sure all was well. Not sure but this may be part of the Chin Chin chain/franchise out of ATL. Very professionally managed establishment. No complaints.

• Visited June 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Suprising Find”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had worked hard all day and wanted a reward so we looked for a good place to eat in Dawsonville. Now Dawsonville is a bit rural so we weren't expecting much but were happy when we saw they had a Chinese restaurant. As we entered we were happily met by a nice atmosphere and friendly people. The food was some of the best weve had. We will be going back next time we are in the area and want a great meal!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank K2tog2000
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Our "go to" place for Chinese in the area”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our "go to" place for above normal, non buffet chinese food. The open kitchen atmosphere demonstrates the "cook to order" philosophy...... There is a limited beer/wine/liquor bar. The Red Curry sauce shrimp is one of my favorites... The $5 lunch specials are a killer deal...

• Visited May 2014
Altanta GA
“TERRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I typically go to Little Peking for Chinese in Dawsonville. I was having some special mother daughter time with my daughter and she wanted to do something different. I had been to Chin Chin before and my experience had not been favorable. But wanting to make this time with her pleasant I let her choose. It was against my better judgement. Upon arrival there was only one couple sitting at a table. My thought was well it isn't busy. We stood longer than necessary before being seated. Once seated we waited again to have any assistance. They finally brought chips and water. I asked if they gave complimentary tea like Little Peking and the waiter said no you have to pay for it by cup. We skipped the tea at which point my little girl said this wasn't the best idea. We ordered our meal: house fried rice. At Little Peking that plate fills both of us with some to take home. The plate at Chin Chin left us leaving hungry. The food was not very good, the service was rude and slow! I will not return to Chin Chin!! There are far better options in Dawsonville!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank domesticengineernga
Dawsonville, GA
“BAD MANAGEMENT & Disappointing food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Management has become so, sooooooooooo poor. very sadly! When I brought some issues to their attention (like inedible Peking Duck) a few days after the meal (I was 'entertaining' somene at that time & didn't want to make a fuss), they were NASTY & I had to absolutely insist on them making it up to me! IMAGINE! Next time I came in with another 'guest' they refused to serve us! How nasty & quite embarassing - forTHEM! Their menus do not adequately describe the dishes, for which they take no responsibility. Also, the lady at the register seems to almost always have a very awful cough & doesn't seem to take caution with these health issues - I don't need anything 'communicable'! I'd NOT even bother. Check out "Little Peking" - in the Kroger Center - ti's much, much fresher (it's a lot busier), dishes taste lots better with much superior food quality, in a warm, family atmosphere, with attentive, GREAT Service, they WANT SATISFIED customers and know 'HOW TO'!

• Visited April 2014