“Roach infested hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Decatur
Park Forest, Illinois, United States
“Roach infested hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hotel is located in the hood not in a good neighborhood at all. The internet website is misleading and paints a picture as though this is a good hotel. When i paid for my room and went in there was a roach crawling on the microwave, as well as, roaches in the beds. The furniture was all torn up as well. For 63 dollars a night to stay at a roach infested motel keep it moving.

Room Tip: Do more research on the hotel and the area before picking where you stay
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank emoni352

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fairfax, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2008

I checked in, put my bags in the room and went to eat. When I came back, I tried to get internet access, found it was password protected. I tried to call the office, but the phone in my room was broken. I walked over to the lobby to get the password and tell them about the phone only to find that the internet access is "broke" and then... the piece de resistance: the office has a big sign that indicates that no refunds are allowed after "10 minutes".

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montgomery, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

This place was nothing like the website advertised it. The room was filthy, the towels were dingy, and the covers on the bed smelled horrid. The bathroom was not cleaned properly and the location was near a "drug area". The website made this place appear to be a welcoming location for people, especially families. However, upon arrival I immediately felt as if I had been deceived. I would never EVER recommned this place to anyone because the advertisement is false and the hotel in no way resembles the pictures or descriptions on the website. They should change their website and advise people that their hotel is really a motel near crack dealers.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank dleilaj
Scottsville, Ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2007

I've wrote a few reviews on Trip Advisor and can't remember giving a terrible, but our family had quite the bad experience at this hotel.

Firstly, though the hotel is located right beside the interstate it is impossible to find. Once you turn off of I 20 make sure to look quickly to the right for the turn. It took us a couple of passes.

Secondly, after finally finding the turn, we had to take a street that looked much like it was going to Jimmy Hoffa's grave. On top of that, a few suspious characters lurked about and my son and wife were not at all comfortable. We almost left but decided to give it a try. The situation was a little hairy.

The towels were A LOT hairy. Only one did not have a long hair attached. Yeesh! It made my skin crawl. The rest of the room wasn't too bad and the beds were relatively comfortable and clean. The hairs really got to me. We had come from a long day at the Masters in Augusta or I would have complained directly. And I should have anyway. I really, really would avoid this hotel but maybe you guys will have a better experience.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank andrew11
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2005

I stayed for 10 days and I thought it to be an outstanding value. Rooms had refrigerator and microwaves as will as wireless Internet. Had about 50 channels of TV including HBO. It was convenient to I20 (east) and I285. This is a working section of Atlanta so there is nothing near the Inn except fast food, BK, KFC, McD etc. A Kroger grocery store is nearby. I chose it because it was near the job site where I was working and I checked it out on this web site (after gooleing). I recommend it if you need to stay in this area of Atlanta or need a nice place to stay as you pass through Atlanta. The breakfast is fair: juicy, cereal, and sweet rolls, etc. The room I stayed in had a king size bed, small sofa, and writing desk. This is a nice, clean motel. PS. No Pool

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2005

I have stayed in alot of hotels but this one was by far the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in. The staff made me feel like i was part of thier family.

Stayed May 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2003

I called and made reservations for a room for myself and my family. We arrived at 3:30 am(August 15, 2003) and the clerk had no knowledge of our reservations. We paid for a room and when we got in the room it was 98 degrees in the room!! I attempted to turn on the A/C and nothing! I went down to the office to request a room that was already cool and had working air. The clerk explained that the air in the room works but he had to turn it on from the office. I aksed if any of the empty rooms were already cool and he replied "NO...you will have to give it time". I tried to explain to the guy that his plan was insane and certainly not customer friendly and he put up his hand to "shoosh me"!! I promptly requested a refund and left! I have NEVER been treated so rudely!! I would STRONGLY advise EVERYONE, (even people I don't like) to stay away from this DUMP! I went down the street to the Howard Johnson's and got a BETTER room for $20 a night cheaper than the Ramada and the "Ho Jo" has a swimming pool. The rooms were nice and clean and cool! You get breakfast in the lobby in the morning! I will NEVER EVER EVER patronize a Ramada establishment again! I'll sleep in the Car first!

4 Thank Jonathan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Econo Lodge Conley
#1 of 1 in Conley
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia

Been to Country Hearth Inn - Decatur? Share your experiences!