“Nice hotel and friendly staff”

Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Decatur
Charleston
“Nice hotel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We just stayed for an overnight stay and was greeted by Lanora on our arrival, who welcomed us as Platinum members, gave us a little gift and upgraded our room to a suite. The room was extremely spacious and very comfortable. The TV was an older version (not a flat screen, but sufficient for the evening. The complimentary breakfast was sufficient, even though the bagels weren't pre-sliced...so I chose an English muffin instead. We would stay here again the next time we're traveling through.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Room skipped for maid services-the do not disturb sign was not hung, in fact room didn't have one/several maintenance issues including a shower rod ready to fall down with the walls looking like swiss cheese for all the previous rehangs of it, ceiling stains from leaks,a non working phone,paint issues on walls were wallpaper boarders had been pulled from walls, the bathroom caulking looked as though somebody had run the beads with their big toe or elbow(lots and lots of caulk) a television equipted with different volume levels on each channel selected( real low on some and others will make you hit the ceiling) Night auditor or night staff member whom never delivered check out papers as they adised they were too busy to do so(oddly enough very quiet at checkout and not many cars in lot at 5:30am) We were not impressed by the maintenance personel that showed up to handle an issue as racial profiling was used as an excuse for the other issues we had. I enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Expresses and this place hopefully with some guidance from IHG and staff training, will become a place I would like to stay at once again- but not today.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This hotel is not in the best neighborhood. It is not in the nicer area of Decatur. The room smelled like mold. The TV did not work. We were overcharged for our room and they never corrected the bill. There are much better places one can stay for the same price or cheaper. Also, there is a security guard with a gun on duty at night and there are signs in the parking lot warning customers that the hotel is not responsible for any car theft issues.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Nashville
Reviewed 27 February 2010

After having a bad experience at a Motel 6 (Budgetal Inn) down the street, my family and I checked out immediately and came to to the Holiday Inn Express. We had a very warm greeting by the front desk clerk. The manager also greeted us with a warm smile and hello. When we got to our room we were very pleased. The room was very clean and the bathroom was as well. The beds were very comfortable also. Shortly after we arrived, the manager called to see if everything was ok and asked if there was anything that she could assist us with.

We didn't get to have the free continental breakfast as we had to be on the road at 5am, however, I will say that our experience there was very pleasant. Everyone enjoyed themselves and felt right at home. We will be back soon. My daughters have spring break next month and this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Clinton
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Great Hotel with Great services.
Breakfast bar attendence is awasome.
Nice and comfortable bed for good night sleep.
Keep it up

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
alabama
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I book this room, not knowing that we was going to be put in a handicap room. I was disappointed and not happy at all. Me and my husband just wanted to get away for a few days. I was so out done, whenever I found out I was in a disability room. I was up most of the night, because the room had a bad odor to it. We went to walmart and bought air freshener. But the next day we was moved to a better room. The breakfast was fair. I really didn't like it. The smell of it made my husband stomach turn. I might return if, I'm in a leisure room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We arrived at this Holiday Inn Express late at night, and it was a very relaxing arrival. The room was clean, and roomy. The King size bed was very comfortable. The included breakfast buffet was better than most hotels of the same price. Service was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Affordable Hotel
Affordable Hotel
#4 of 17 in Decatur
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Emory University Area
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East? Share your experiences!