“Poor experience”

America's Best Inn Decatur
America's Best Inn Decatur
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Booked 5 nights, stayed only 1. My experience with this hotel was AWFUL!
We checked in after dark, the area seemed pretty shady, but judging it by daylight, it's your standard run down neighborhood.
The rooms at the hotel are average sized, the bathroom is shoebox. Towels are thin, haphazardly folded (giving an air of uncleanliness), and you are only given 2.
Our room was dirty. No other way to put it.
The carpet was stained, and not in a way the suggested that it had been cleaned previously but the stain wouldn't out, I'm talking crustiness on the floor! There were old receipts under the beds, used shower caps hanging in the bathroom and pubic hair on the toilet. The wallpaper was peeling and I can report my genuine shock that there was NOT mold on the ceiling. I was half expecting it.
The mini fridge worked and the microwave was old, which isn't a knock, but if you're under 30, you will probably have to google how to use it. We didn't use the microwave so I can't speak to if it actually functioned.

I stayed here with my parents and my two young children and I was uncomfortable with my 21 month old touching things. I'm no helicopter mom, sanitizing everything before he touches it, so if I worry about him touching something, it's BAD.

When we left early, there was a bit of a run around with our refund, but it was resolved quickly and easily.

Overall I cannot give this place my recommendation. For $60 a night, if you need a bed and you're desperate it may suit, but otherwise, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Allison D

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel staff like night of the living dead. Although management is nice. For just one word DON'T!!! DO NOT USE THIS MOTEL! Drug dealers galore!!! This motel is not anywhere near the price you pay. There are also thugs and not enough buses.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank krabstonto
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Well my stay was ok , I just hated that the lights was not really working by the bathroom sink, and I also hate that I have a sign on my room doorknob that say NO ROOM SERVICE, but it seems as if the maid didn't understand that because she still knock on my door all the time, which made me very upset, and the lady at the front desk going to tell me when i went to paid for another stay , that I have to let her in at least one time so she can clean the room , hell i did my own cleaning. so therefore I would come back but only if i had no were to go like I did now, but I'm happy about to move in my own house now. THANK YOU LORD, and oh yeah they did had roaches also i seen at three in my room until i start spraying myself, and the blow dryer didn't work either. So stay at your own term.

Room Tip: Threre no fitness center
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank georgialady34
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Very nice dining table for writing or meals. Mattress comfortable. Air conditioner cool but no off switch - had to unplug. Spacious. Clean. Traveling with my cat. He liked the room. Toilet wouldn't flush paper. Room seemed safe. Not sure about the neighborhood. Checked in at midnight, unsavory people ahead of me claimed they had been turned away by the beautiful Indian women at the desk. (The desk was protected by safety glass). Breakfast was mostly pre-packaged food, all in nice baskets carefully covered with cloth napkins. There was some road noise through the night from my room on the back.

• Stayed: June 2009
5  Thank SqDncHSV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Emory Conference Center Hotel
Masters Inn Tucker
Masters Inn Tucker
#3 of 11 in Tucker

Been to America's Best Inn Decatur? Share your experiences!