“Horrible living conditions”

Metro Extended Stay Hotel Decatur
Metro Extended Stay Hotel Decatur
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel really needs to be updated and remodeled badly. The walls in the room have visible signs of mold and some other unknown brown liquid forming. The tiles in the kitchen and bathroom is old and stained. Too afraid to take off sock and shoes inside. Even after attempting to clean the room still has an odor. The furniture is old and worn, most should be thrown away. It's simply not fit for human use. The walls near kitchen have marks all over them. The absolute worst thing in the room is the sofa which is visibly dirty from years of use and not being cleaned. The residents living here look like project rejects who simply can't do better. As evident by one young man standing outside smoking what smelled like "weed". This property needs some serious code enforcements placed on it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Renee D

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Truthfully I was planning on staying in the Decatur area for a few weeks and signed the receipt before I even saw the room (PS NO REFUNDS).... and then I entered the room. Holes burned through the bedspread from cigarettes... holes burned through the pillow cases with ashes filled in the sheets. I even stripped the bed thinking I would buy my own sheets and there were holes burned through the brown smoked through mattress. Everything was smokey. It was probably the most horrific place I would have spend 800 dollars worth of monthly rent on. I refused to stay here. That was probably the most disturbing and disgusting hotel experience I have ever encountered. And when I complained and asked for another room Donna stated that there weren't any other rooms available (funny the entire parking lot was empty). When I attempted to get my refund I had to bother an employee who Donna claimed was her 1st day- "so she did not know how to do any of this." When Tonya gratefully credited back the credit card I asked her if it was her first day and she said "no Ive been here for a month." Thanks Donna. When I checked into another place to stay they stated "if there are any problems with your room just let us know and we can switch you" wow. THIS PLACE IS DISGUSTING. Not a good area either.

PS I tried to contact them so they could be informed about my situation but theyre website won't accept my 2 cents... so this is what I am left with- to warn people :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 17 April 2011

NO clocks in rooms and they WON'T do wake up calls. The Air Conditioner did NOT work in the first two rooms, in the 3rd room it RATTLED all night. One little bar of soap, NO Blow Dryers or any other conveniences. The mattresses are the Blue & White prison type Mattresses.....all spring and no foam. Very hard on your back & joints.
The front staff are really rude and clearly show from the get go they don't want to be there or care to make your stay a comfortable one. The pillows were so flat I asked for an extra one, and was told they don't have extras.

THE "FREE INTERNET" they advertise did NOT work, they said they were having problems with it..

Aa a business traveler who travels 225 days of the year for the past 8 years, this is the absolute worst hotel I have personally experienced.

Room Tip: PLEASE Stay elsewhere, this will not be a good exp
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank jofranco
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I'm staying for 3 weeks total. Everything was good enough for me in all aspects except that the wireless INTERNET IS UNRELIABLE. It's really worthless, and other classmates staying here were complaining of the same problem. I hope this review reaches the owners because it is unacceptable. They even made the comparison to "sometimes there are more cars on the highway" as if it gets worse over peak hours with more users. NO. It was bad all day, all night, no matter the time. We are talking dial-up speeds and now, approaching 2010 that's ridiculous.

But the good: safe area, employees are friendly and helpful, cleaned weekly with linens changed, acceptable bed, cable tv, mini fridge, stove top, microwave, no strange odors.

To summarize, if you need the internet at all, you should go somewhere else. Otherwise if you don't, then the price is great.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Just went on a weekend trip to Atlanta and booked this hotel. When I arrived at 8 pm to check in the office was closed and there was no way to contact anyone. They have specific office hours during the week and weekends so check ahead. It was a scramble to find another place and luckily I wasn't coming in late with tired kids!

The next day I called to make sure they did not charge my Visa. They were very polite and took care of that. The property looked clean and neat.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sue089tr
Reviewed 26 June 2006

I stayed here for one night to attend a workshop the next day. I was greeted by a super nice clerk that really wanted to make sure my stay was a good one. This is primarily an extended stay hotel but my one nite stay was made to feel just as important. She gave me the key to go and check the room to make sure it was ok for me. Had a bed, small table, mini kitchen (sm. frig, microwave, sink, 2 burner stove) Bathroom had a large shower. The hotel is obviously older but was clean. Furniture had some scratches BUT the room was clean, comfortable and at $59 for the nite?!! This in Atlanta! Room was dark, quiet after 10pm ( not really very noisy before). Even had high speed wireless internet! I was told upfront that maid service was not available every day because this was an extended stay facility and that the front desk was manned from 8am to 7pm only. For the price-- A+

6  Thank MiMiCindy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Affordable Hotel
#4 of 18 in Decatur
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Emory Conference Center Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Emory University Area
Knights Inn Atlanta East
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East

Been to Metro Extended Stay Hotel Decatur? Share your experiences!