“Wonderful food, OK service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar
Good for: Groups
Atlanta
“Wonderful food, OK service”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I ate here with a group of about 20 on an weekday evening. The food was quite tasty, and plentiful. My only complaint was about service, which was just OK. Seems like they didn't have enough servers to really get it down flawlessly. For instance, I never actually knew what they were serving. The waiters never said, and I never saw a menu. Since we were in a group, we all got the same thing, but I can't tell you what we ate. Whoever organized the dinner knows, but I don't. When they were clearing the tables, the staff kept dropping utensils. It was distracting.

• Visited August 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We've been meaning to try this place for awhile since we love Persian Turkish food. It was great, the kabob and service was excellent. Highly recommend

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta USA
“Nice place, but the food is lacking”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I've been to Colbeh twice for dinner, both times on Thursday nights when an acoustic jazz quartet plays in the front of this very pleasant restaurant/bar on the Decatur Square. The interior is warm and inviting, the staff and service all I could ask for, there's a great list of craft beers, and the jazz musicians are wonderful. Unfortunately, the food is just sub-par. I'm not an expert on Persian food, but I've had it elsewhere and liked it. But here the hummus was way too garlicky (and I like garlicky hummus), my lamb shank was well cooked but badly in need of some salt, the rice both times was not quite hot enough, and on and on for both me and my wife. I'm gonna offer an unconditional recommendation that the way to enjoy Colbeh is to come in on a Thursday evening after you have eaten, order a drink or two and enjoy the jazz.

• Visited June 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Authentic, fresh, must be Atlanta's best kept secret!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This was recommended to us by the innkeeper at the Bed and Breakfast in Decatur (a real one, not one of those air mattress website ones!) and we were very impressed. It was in a nice part of town, lots of people walking around after dark, so it felt safe, ample parking. Having never actually eaten Persian food before (but liking ethnic food) we gave it a try and was glad we did. The young woman serving us was friendly but not overly chatty, the food came out promptly enough that we had time to chat, it was well presented, hot, and very tasty. I can't pronounce what we ate for an appetizer, but it was delicious with chopped olives and walnuts! We had the lamb dish, and it was an ample portion, appropriately priced for fine dining.

• Visited May 2013
Millbrook, Alabama
“Delicious surprise”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were in Decatur for the annual Art Festival and started wandering around the town square (of which two sides are lined with numerous restaurants). We accidentally found this place after walking right past it and noticing what the outdoor patrons were eating. Having not eaten non-fast food ME or Persian dishes in about 5 years, I instantly began craving. Plus, my wife has never tried non-fast food ME/Persian before. The staff was friendly. Our server Abdul was very informative and explained that they were normally only open during evenings but were open for lunch through the weekend due to the fest. He also went down the menu and explained the major dishes and what to expect in terms of flavors and presentation. I ordered the Lamb Shank stew with a basmati-dill-saffron blend. My wife had the Express sandwich with kebab chicken. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal - it was flavorful and had a pleasant aroma that I had forgotten. The portions were average and weren't gut-busting. I'd definitely return to this restaurant again the next time I'm in Decatur. (Also, the have live jazz during weekend evenings!)

• Visited May 2013